NCAE "block" - Salisbury Square

I’m assuming they just mean the previous buildings got (mostly) demolished. “Ongoing site prep” LOL

2 Likes

Yeah I honestly thought there would have been more activity by now. Especially with that bank they mentioning planning on putting their new HQ right there :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Canceling the project, selling the property, and a new group rezoning for 40 or more would be the best outcome.

Especially since across the tracks is now partially zoned for 40.

It’s just delayed for a long time

2 Likes

Was just wondering about this project last night lol. The most recent posts from march say they submitted for a building permit. Also no point in a 40 story rezoning just to push development back another few years, especially when we can’t even get ONE 30-40 story tower under construction as it is. If 20 story projects are the ones actually getting to completion i’d rather developers stick with those until the population grows some more and taller buildings are more feasible.

12 Likes

If someone has access to Triangle Business Journal they can read and report back starting from the “news” section of “Dogwood State Bank”: News | Dogwood State Bank the bank mentioned to locate its HQ in this location. :thinking:

The article from March 2022 says construction should start in May (2022).
:melting_face:

1 Like

Well it is beyond that. By nearly 2 months.

1 Like

Might want to doublecheck what year it is

Oh shoot! :joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl: maybe the bank is in trouble.

1 Like

It might be rezoned as a investment and a ROI, so when the economy get better they’ll see since it’s zoned to the highest floor count available. And that new developer will have a good ROI in building it.

Salisbury Square is in for another round of reviews for site permits. Reviews due on 8/2. This one could be coming back to life.

22 Likes

There :bulb: at the end of the basement.

1 Like

Site Permitting Review failed yesterday with two issues to resolve. :yawning_face:

6 Likes

At least it’s moving. Fix it and come back.

5 Likes

The drought is ending!!!

Here is what I found today. Status updates:

11 Likes

Just to confirm, does this mean that the city is simply waiting for them to pay their invoice/bill in order for them to get approval and move forward?

No. They still have some issues to fix for their site permits. And, they are a long way from getting the building permits.

2 Likes

What’s up with this project?

Looks like it is deep in the weeds in the permitting process. I just pulled this from the city’s permit and development portal:

11 Likes