Our Local News Outlets

Totally! I hope Raleigh is doing it! LOL

Is @VisitRaleigh a thing on here? :laughing:

2 Likes

Good point! :wink:

Thatā€™s why I have added Axios simply as a favorite ā€œtabā€. This way I view it regularly and donā€™t have all the extra emails as I do for the WRAL Tech Wire :+1:

When I was in Charlotte last week I was asking my coworker if she had ever been to the museums in Raleigh. She said she has never even been to Raleigh and she grew up in Charlotte :thinking:

to be fair I grew up in Raleigh and probably only went to Charlotte like twice before going to college, and both of those were for swim meets. even now i donā€™t really have a desire to go there except to visit friends. charlotte never really had anything culturally or otherwise that you couldnā€™t get in the triangle growing up, and almost no one I knew growing up was a Panthers fan, it just never warranted the 2.5 hour drive. IMO, Richmond is a much cooler and more unique city than Charlotte, and itā€™s way more worth day and weekend trips up.

12 Likes

While I donā€™t dislike Charlotte at all, I 100% agree with you on Richmond. Love that city!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been to Charlotte numerous times. Almost always for concerts. Seems a lot of tours hit Raleigh or Charlotte, rarely both.

4 Likes

Same. Every time a tour gets announced and they choose Charlotte over Raleigh, I have to go through this internal debate of ā€œdo I want to see this band so bad that Iā€™m willing to get home at 1:00a on a weeknight?ā€ As I get older, the answer increasingly becomes ā€œnot really.ā€

15 Likes

Being from Atlanta, I have a kind of mental block of thinking Charlotte is halfway to Atlanta, so it feels like planning to go the DC or something. I pretty much feel like it is in a different state. :rofl: I canā€™t get behind Charlotte sports teams for the same reason.

3 Likes

Isnā€™t half of Charlotte in South Carolina? :wink:

5 Likes

Ironically we just got to Greenville, SC an hour ago by car, and the trip to Charlotte sailed by, while the rest of it felt like an eternity (mostly due to construction and terrible roads).

7 Likes

The rebuild of I-85 feels like its been going on forevahhhhh.

6 Likes

Whenever I drive through South Carolina, I lower my expectations.

10 Likes

Lies, you donā€™t drive! :grin:
Thereā€™s actually trains from Raleigh to GVL but they run weirdly infrequently. I honestly might plan my next trip around the train schedule and have a more relaxing journey. This place is such a gem and continuing to grow.

10 Likes

Greenville County has over 500,000 people. It is only slightly less than Guilford County. It is not small and the City has done a great job fixing itself up.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve driven through SC 4 times since Christmas: twice on 95 end to end, and twice on 85 end to end. In fact, I did it yesterday. :red_car:

2 Likes

You shouldā€™ve come said hi!

I was driving I-95. :red_car:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: State Government

At this point Iā€™m convinced that the people who run WRAL have ā€œSave our Neighborhoodsā€ signs on their lawns. Every article about development mentions that group with a statement like ā€œmany people are unhappy about the zoning changesā€. Their slant at this point is blatant. How many people is ā€œmanyā€? A majority? They couldnā€™t tell you no doubt but they sure want to make it seem like it everyone. Itā€™s just crap journalism. /rant

16 Likes

Fear and conflixt drive clicks. Itā€™s not healthy, but it works.

13 Likes