Our Local News Outlets

You said exactly what I was thinking. WRAL reporting can be horrible at times.

I sent them a correction telling them as much. Also, I hate their new format.

3 Likes

And yet WRAL is considered to be a classy news organization, a throwback to an era where distinguished people and families owned stations as things that werenā€™t a profit center.

2 Likes

The result of preserving these spacious estates in the middle of the city, is to spread more sprawl, as it gallops toward Sanford & Smithfield? Density, density, density will eventually propel folks to walk or take transit for their errands or even to the Country Club. Raleigh residents must do our part to slow down the climate apocalypse. ā€œBut donā€™t mess with my fiefdom!ā€

4 Likes

More clicks from the offended than the curious in this world we live in, so you gotta lean into thatā€¦
Truth be told, there are growing pains in Raleigh but thereā€™s a middle ground on all this stuff however, thatā€™s lost in the flotsam and jetsam of nuance and context and sense, which is more uncommon that notā€¦

8 Likes

All of this because a group of NIMBY rich people are butt hurt because someone wants to build multi-million dollar townhouses in their neighborhood. Oh the horror of it all.

12 Likes

WRAL targeting their older white base. That why WTVD is starting to beat them more. Yes WRAL us NIMBY one admitted to me he doesnā€™t want Raleigh to become a big city because ā€œitā€™s near the beaches and mountainsā€ yet I saw his profile he lives in Wilson.

WRAL is getting Disneyed slowly itā€™s fine. WTVD bests them in household cause of the younger YIMBY audience.

Whereā€™s your proof for your assertions about the two channels?

1 Like

Check there Facebook pages.

I stay away from Facebook.

Also, on my daily walk today, I passed by city hall with a dozen or so NIMBY protesters. WRAL wasnā€™t covering them outside but WTVD was filming them. So thereā€™s that.

4 Likes

Good bunch of oldies with oldie outdated options it worse on twitter.

WTVD is owned by Disney.

2 Likes

Yep and it awesomeā€¦.

Because no one else is addressing the elephant in the room, point blank: ā€¦what are you even saying?

WRAL and ABC11 (WTVD) have similar Nielsen ratings, both in younger live viewers and the general population. the demographic breakdowns of their web traffic are comparable, and while ABC11 doesnā€™t publish it, WRALā€™s viewership demographics are also pretty evenly distributed among everyone except Gen Z.

If you donā€™t like WRAL because you feel like it sucks, then thatā€™s fine; you are totally allowed and welcome to have those feelings! Iā€™m just saying you should be careful with how you communicate, as people can sound more immature or disingenuous when they conflate feelings with facts that arenā€™t true (especially if they donā€™t even try to choose or defend their words in good faith).

9 Likes

Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that engaging just confuses me further.

If you go back and look the comments completely contradict each other.

I honestly didnā€™t know that people have such strong opinions about local TV stations. About the only time I turn on the local news, itā€™s due to a weather event like Hurricane Ian that just went by,

4 Likes

Theyā€™re literally a forum dedicated to it as experts analyzing the business, and actual journalist lurk our pages, and FTVLive Scott Jones post truth into whats going on. Raleigh is an important Market or DMA (24) and for you guys not to care is very shameful imo. Talk about pro sports DMA depends on that.

Itā€™s shameful that I donā€™t care about local news? Local news is the murder and mayhem show in every market, with some weather and local sports sprinkled on top.

I just donā€™t care to watch it most of the time. That is all.

1 Like

Fine. Factoid former Boston Mayor Walsh spoke WHDH NBC affiliation Fued and about how his citizens will get NBC. NBC ended buying WBTS making that the O&O.