Rockway (formerly Park City South) - Saunders/Lake Wheeler Apartments and Retail

Dix park area is getting some height on the skyline.

23 Likes

29 Likes

31 Likes

Looking forward to seeing how much of this ends up visible from Western Blvd as you’re driving in from the West. Currently you can see the crane, but not much else - but I wonder if the apartment building section you’ve pictured here will end up peeking up above the trees! I definitely know all the 20-story towers that are going up around this will be visible from that stretch!

6 Likes

How many stories are the buildings in this picture supposed to be eventually?

It’s supposed to look like this. 5, maybe 6 stories.

28 Likes

Appreciate you taking the picture from the exact viewpoint of the rendering :smiley:

10 Likes

I actually count 7 mostly. I had forgotten this was supposed to look this nice! Definitely more interesting than many apartments lately (from this angle at least).

6 Likes

Those long walls toward the back do seem to start looking like the white Platform sides with similar random splashes of color. Which I find inoffensive, but I know some of this board thinks they look a bit Soviet.

Not sure why your post got flagged LOL. That pretty much sums it up.

1 Like

Yeah I have no idea… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Maybe someone is offended by “foul” language? Not like it’s really been an issue before… we’re all adults here lmao

Not to be negative, this is still the 2nd worst alternative to what was originally proposed… :man_shrugging:t4:

19 Likes

Please don’t remind me about this.

7 Likes

Well remember, ( as I had to…) this is the one where the parking deck sticks up a couple stories above the dwellings…just for fun.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s got that WWI dazzle camouflage paint job so you won’t notice it :dotted_line_face:

2 Likes

Tbf that rendering set was somewhere between “concept drawing” and “vision board” when it came out with the initial announcement for the area.

Personally I always thought it looked too “I, Robot”.

3 Likes

21 Likes

Brutalism, circa 2023

12 Likes

It’s insane the poor color choices of some developers it’s a shame. But I blame some things for it. Coughs… Appearance Commision. Coughs…

Again why did the developer get lame, and scale back design?