Rockway (formerly Park City South) - Saunders/Lake Wheeler Apartments and Retail

Some kid or Karen is being an imposter here among us, no pun intended.

Correct me if I am wrong, but while it doesn’t match the glossy renderings presented, aren’t there some taller (14-story+) buildings proposed for this development? I thought the ugly building being constructed was phase one?

3 remaining pads for buildings. 1 of which has a 20 story apartment building proposed. Based on the city permitportal, no movement on the ASR since july of '22 though?

2 Likes

Great photo there - is that your phone?
There is a surreal aspect to this - the warehouse, the big concrete bunker, a crane and Truist (name sucks) tower in the distance.

2 Likes

Yes - thank you
Was standing on the dirt pile

4 Likes

maybe with a shimmering wall like RCC or led accents

1 Like

Driving down lake wheeler rd yesterday heading downtown to meet with friends for drinks.

27 Likes

I spy sticks!!! :eyes:

Also, I expect that as soon as the concrete podium is finished that this will really start to pick up speed. Looking forward to seeing this one progressing!

10 Likes

Looking towards downtown

27 Likes

Credit: RaleighSkyline.com

22 Likes

Nash Sq makes a nice center square in this shot.

6 Likes

Peek-a-boo, I see you…

21 Likes

From 10th & Terrace a couple of days ago.

29 Likes

that’s why I try to just use :poop: instead.

30 Likes

Now these will be flying up!

4 Likes

Adding the Lake Wheeler Road project

Something I didn’t realize until now is how Lake Wheeler will be realigned onto Dix land in order to approach the South Saunders roundabout from less of an angle. I wonder what they will do with the old right of way left over after the realignment?

35 Likes

Anchor point for the future Dix-to-Chavis Sky Tram!

And also fill it with sunflowers every year.

6 Likes

39 Likes

Partial update pic with the city in view. Aka the red light shot.

29 Likes