Peace Street Condos ⏳

forgive me as I’m pretty sure the answer is yes, but this one is slated to include ground-floor retail space, correct?

Yup!

18 Likes

A small amount, it’s about 2200 square feet.

1 Like

I wish Starbucks would move to the retail space of this building, so that parcel could be redeveloped. I would really hate to see Mellow Mushroom go, but if someone could get both of those parcels at the Glendwood/Peace intersection, that would be a good location for another mixed use building.

7 Likes

The next shoe to drop for that intersection is CityPlat’s 701 Glenwood.

Agreed, but that is only a 3-4 story building on the northern side of the street. As long as MM can stay in the neighborhood, I think this the infill density on the SW corner of that intersection is inevitable.

City Plat is just another Highwoods. They buy a lot of property in and around downtown, but they never actually develop anything. They seem to get land rezoned and then sit on it. I can’t think of one thing they’ve actually built.

3 Likes

They’ve put on a big song and dance about finally building that half-finished hulk on Hillsborough fwiw

1 Like

Head over to the 400H thread where there’s a discussion about the dog park they’re going to put across the street.

And yet… what activity has gone on since that announcement? :cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

1 Like

First time I’ve seen this space available in The Paramount. Listed as office or retail space.

They also mention in the listing the upcoming Madison Project. I wonder if they have new updates for that project :face_with_monocle:

t

2 Likes

Wait I’m confused - are you saying they are marketing this as an office or retail space? But for sale, not rent?

Correct. I thought it was a strange listing as well. Still posted on Zillow as of last night.

2 Likes

Oh wow, it even says it in the listing “This is a rare opportunity to own a downtown commercial property…” - so it seems legit! That’s awesome! I’m just glad they’re finally trying to utilize that space!!!

1 Like

It’s a small retail space that may be tall enough for a storage mezzanine or small office. There’s a small patio outside of its front doors. I’ve always imaged this being a small sundries store with coffee and (Bolted) pastries in the AM, and beer and wine bar in the afternoon evening.

3 Likes

Rooftop pool? Kind of misleading, no? Elevated, yes. :joy:

Well, it’s on “a” rooftop, but not “the” rooftop.
If not a retail space, this would be a cool place for someone to create a micro-unit for living a la the video that I shared in another topic the other day.

2 Likes

Peace Street condos as of this morning.

17 Likes

And my pool is a rooftop pool since it’s on the roof the mole people who live below it…

1 Like

This really is moving pathetically slow. I fully expected this to be framed by the end of the year.

3 Likes