Peace Street Condos ⏳

Peace and N. Boylan right up against the Paramount.

1 Like

They do really have some nice stuff. Maybe we’ll get another row house style condo project like 10arros or the Lambert stuff. As an aside I note their one project that looks like Raleigh’s luxury apartments is their affordable units project in DC.

Between Starbucks and McDonalds

The Paramount people did not get it knocked down from 5 stories to 4. The property was initially zoned under the UDO for 3 stories and it was raised to 4 + a rooftop terrace after their variance request. The previous property owner wanted 5 floors.
Expect the first floor of the building to be a lobby and mostly parking. Perhaps the small retail space will be on the corner of Boylan and Peace (one can hope)? They are likely to have 3 floors of 8 condos each above that. I hope that this isn’t wood frame.
FWIW, a condo project was initially proposed for this very site prior to the 2008 economic collapse. It too was slated for 24 condos. What goes around comes around. It just took more than a decade.

3 Likes

Hehe. That site has gone through so many iterations with the market swings. Still remember the little Victorian cottage there being Carolina Tiffany. Bought a few stained glass lampshades there before the whole block evolved. (Always gotta get my geezer posting in. :joy:)

5 Likes

There was another old house in that area, don’t remember if it was on this site or the Paramount site. At any rate, the old house was moved into the Oakwood neighborhood. Another old geezer post to start the day.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification! Truth be told, I’d be happy with whatever they put here. Better than an empty lot!

Well, it currently has some nice trees on it that allude to the city of oaks… But if it further activates peace street with full time residents let’s roll

Yea, a nice 4 story with ground level retail and diverse condo offerings will be great here.
(photo credit: TBJ article)
2019-10-31%2009_23_42-Developer%20Lock7%20maps%20mixed-use%20building%20with%20condominiums%20for%20downtown%20Raleigh%20-

3 Likes

From Summer 2017.

7 Likes

If this condo proposal falls through, I think the City should just make this a neighborhood park. Of course, it would HAVE to have a fountain to get my vote of approval. :slight_smile: :fountain::fountain:

7 Likes

OMG :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
That is exactly what I was going to say!!! :raised_hand::+1:

3 Likes

Look forward to seeing what they plan here. Who knows…maybe I’ll buy one.

1 Like

There goes the neighborhood. :man_facepalming:t3:

As you should well know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would love to see a beautiful, historic looking, luxury building with a nice indoor/outdoor cafe on the bottom. This building may dictate what other developers do on this section of peace. So I hope its more high end historic looking to really fit in well with the area and they continue that throughout this stretch of peace.

8 Likes

Agreed. I’d love to see more brownstone looking development around here. This is a great place for it.

4 Likes

It’s not likely to be brownstones since they are saying condos. I"m guessing that it will mimic the Glen on Peace project that was originally proposed. Leo talked about it on dtraleigh.com years ago.

I’m fairly certain that one could build condos to resemble brownstones if one desired to, rather than build them to look like individual apartment units. I mean, if you can break up a single-family home to in multiple apartment units, I’m sure the same can be done intentionally with brownstone / condos.