Peace Street Condos ⏳

Peace St here doesn’t strike me as particularly historic feeling. The neighborhood blocks to the north, yes.

I’m just saying that you can wish all you want, but that’s not what the developer is saying is going to happen.

I’ll see myself to that dreaming thread. :grin:

2 Likes

Anyone else a little annoyed with the new meaning to the term “brownstone”? Is this a nationwide thing, or only here? Not one brownstone, or brownstone-style, has been built here yet. They are rowhomes or urban townhomes.

3 Likes

Hargett Place is close, I believe this is the style and look people are referring to when mentioning Brownstone style developments.

10 Likes

10 Arros are condos. Hargett Place has a brownstone quality to them and would look nice next to Paramount. The old version of this building were ‘garden’ style condos that looked like 1980’s north Raleigh stock.

1 Like

It’d be great if they could take all this development activity and really improve the streetscape along Peace. Right now, the sidewalks are too narrow and the curb cuts too many.

3 Likes

Peace Street West Streetscape Project

https://www.raleighnc.gov/projects/content/PWksDesignConst/Articles/PeaceStreetWest.html

4 Likes

That would be a Brownbrick. I think the nitpick is a Brownstone is a sandstone facade.

Correct. But like ‘brutalist’, (which means made of concrete, *not blocky structure), brownstone has come to mean the style of structure. NC has some Brownstone that could be quarried down in Lee County if any one wants to go for it.

1 Like

The project is reported to have a ground floor retail. That is not an indication of a townhouse style development. Face it; it’s going to be building more like the condo buildings along Glenwood South, only a miniature version.
The Glen on Peace project was more ordinary given its time period. I suspect that this time around it will be way more upscale and unaffordable.

It can’t come soon enough. That stretch is sketch.

1 Like

Details about the Condos on Peace St. just hit the wire:
Named 615 Peace
24 apartments with 3,000 SF of retail also a parking garage.
1 bedroom : 3 units
2 bedroom : 21 units
number of parking spaces required : 8
number of parking spaces proposed : 19
https://www.raleighnc.gov/content/PlanDev/Documents/DevServ/DevPlans/Reviews/2019/SiteReview%20/ASR-0097-2019.pdf

2 Likes

Yeah, luxury condos will always have enough parking. There’s no need for a parking minimum. The market will determine that.

2 Likes

But they are proposing 19 parking spots for 24 condos?

1 Like

I guess they have determined 19 is enough.

My parking spot in my garage has been empty for 2 years now since I don’t own a car. What a waste.

2 Likes

So is the consensus that these will in fact be “luxury” maybe similar to “The Wade”? I sure hope so!

sub rent it to someone else.

3 Likes

Well in our garage you can rent your spot to others (or even sell them). I don’t think we are at a point where there doesn’t need to be at lease one per unit. Especially with that many two bedrooms. Bet this means you buy the spot. Time will tell.

1 Like

This smells like Revisn Hotel 2.0. At least in this case, the property is zoned for a hotel.
FWIW, Revisn also didn’t have enough parking for one per unit. Also, what about parking for the retail space?
At this point in time, I can’t even imagine a luxury condo project in Raleigh with less than 1 parking space per unit.

4 Likes