Peace Street Condos ⏳

Oooof.
That’s not a lot of condo for $300k…
I’m out of touch with condos though so maybe this is to be expected.

2 Likes

Looking forward to @John ‘s thoughts.

1 Like

If that’s 300K, then I’m liking my condo next door better and better. From a plan perspective, it’s small by sensibly shaped. It looks like it’s an easier to deal with plan than the ones at Lynde.

6 Likes

I thought the same until someone sent me this listing at Caraleigh Mills, which in my opinion is not even downtown at $393 per sq. ft.

These condos have already hit Redfin, and at roughly $440 per sq. ft. these are similar to condos at PNC.

4 Likes

Are these wood framed?

Overall, I like the the look of this building, but I will say that personally I really dislike tan brick, lol. I don’t know why, its just instinctive. :slight_smile:
The floorplan @ScrantonUSC posted looks small, but doable, though expensive. My biggest complaint there is windows on only one wall. I am sure its difficult to design and more expensive to have windows on multiple walls, but for me that would be a deal breaker. Not that my wife is allowing me to move to Raleigh anytime soon, lol.
I like the height, the way it seems to address the street and the added density in what is quickly becoming the densest part of the city.
Just my two cents!

I’m looking around for my next home, so seeing these and other places pop up is of interest. Let’s all decide where @R-Dub should live next.

1 Like

Those Clark St Condo’s looked darn nice, and a great location. Though the sunken garden upfront seems like it could be problematic, and there were pricey.
Maybe we need a new thread.
You can live in my 1500sq ft guest house for cheaper then a mortgage if you want to move to beautiful Jacksonville Ala!!

1 Like

I liked this for the reference to an ADU

3 Likes

Looking at the renderings, the way the building steps back from its base on the rear, and how the part of the building by the Boylan Avenue extends up without stepping back, is exactly like a drawing I did for my HOA board when they were pushing back on the developer who wanted to build 5 floors on the property line. All in all, I think it’s as good as one might expect to happen next door.

Based on the building schedule, I’m betting that these are going to be wood construction. For a 2 floor + rooftop deck + 2 terraces condo @ $550K, these are a much better value than Lynde. Objectively, they are also in a much more walkable location. I’d consider one of these if I was in the market for a large condo and was willing to drop that kind of money. From experience living in the neighborhood, I’d venture to say that the top floor units that face the Paramount might actually be most livable. There are mature trees on the Paramount’s north side, and it looks like there will be another row of trees planted on their side of the property line as well. Plus, given the party nature of the neighborhood, it will also be quieter.

6 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: To buy, neighborhood / development suggestions?

Triangle Business Journal wrote an article as well on these condos, I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but it does say ground floor retail is included.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2020/09/17/dc-developer-to-kick-off-construction-next-year.html?iana=hpmvp_trig_news_headline

2 Likes

I’m assuming these will be wood framed, similar to Smokey Hollow’s residential section wrapped in a brick exterior. From a building cost stand point it would make the most sense considering it will only be 4 floors, but without seeing the plans I’m only speculating. At roughly $440+ per square foot I wouldn’t be very pleased to hear my upstairs neighbor get up at 3am to use the restroom.

1 Like

Based on the quick construction schedule, I can’t imagine them being anything but wood frame. Of course, with first floor retail and parking, the wood will likely start on level 2.

1 Like

Well folks, I took the plunge and put a deposit down on a one bedroom unit. I found out some additional facts about the property. They anticipate construction fencing to be up in the next couple of weeks with ground breaking in December or January with completion in early 2022. They’ve also sold 6 units including mine, with 2 more that should be selling soon. They need to sell 8 for construction to begin although the sales staff stated they are ready to go right now. My guess is the lender made that a requirement to start. Lastly, and this was the selling point for me, the HOA is very reasonable. I was expecting my one bedroom to be somewhere around $250-$350/mo. but it’s less than $200 and includes water and internet (although I’m skeptical about the internet part). Either way, with the Publix now open, Smokey Hollow finishing up and the park that will be nearby I figure it’s a smart investment.

32 Likes

Congrats @OtherJustin!

5 Likes

Congrats! Happy for you and excited to see this project come to fruition!

2 Likes

Wow that is awesome! This seems like a good indicator that Raleigh will emerge strong as ever from this pandemic.

1 Like

Congrats! You will be my next door neighbor! As for the Internet, bet your life that the included internet will be Google Fiber. The Paramount was recently retrofitted for it.

3 Likes

And google fiber is awesome.

3 Likes