Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

20 Likes

@pBeez
The fountain that your member picture was taken in front of would go very nicely here…:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t2:

1 Like

I def wouldn’t mind a fountain and some more landscaping (flowers, anyone?) around the Capitol building…

8 Likes

What, these little fellas not doing it for you?

7 Likes

They could move those to each side of the front door. And then do something unusual, cool, with a touch of classical. Oh wait, this ain’t Austin TX :scream::joy::rofl::wink::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The dome will be replaced later this year, as early as summer, so it will be back to original copper color for a little while until it oxidizes to green and then eventually blue again (potentially within a year). As part of it they will remove the two air handlers directly to the sides.

18 Likes

My wife and I did a behind the scenes tour of the Capital Building many years ago and they let us look out onto the roof, but we couldn’t go out there. We also got to look out the access to the ring of lights that goes around the interior of the dome. It was one of the best tours I have ever done in my life.

9 Likes

Just need to turn up the flow a bit and sink an LED.

done.

4 Likes

It’ll take a lot longer than a year for the copper to oxidize.

3 Likes

The Texas state Capitol is an amazing edifice and the surrounding landscaping and grounds are superb!

2 Likes

an actual wiki entry? Phallic architecture - Wikipedia

4 Likes

23 Likes

Does anyone have a good photo I can use to change the downowton Raleigh skyline photo that exists on Wikipedia? Are the ones the members here posted copyrighted or can I grab one? The DT Raleigh photo on Wiki is quite dated and not high resolution either.

Nothing most of us have posted should be copyrighted, especially for something like Wikipedia.

6 Likes

Ha! You should see the skyline shot they inexplicably still use for the Raleigh sub-Reddit! Thanks for taking this on!

EDIT: here’s the official skyline photo of r/Raleigh :rofl::smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

To be fair, I’m not even sure most people on r/Raleigh actually like Raleigh :rofl:

I like this one…or almost anyone from Dorothea Dix Campus is good.

But Oak City Drones may not be too happy…Lol

21 Likes

Very nice shot, though I’d likely crop it a bit more zoomed.

2 Likes

Any of you drone owners want to do a flyover of Dorthea Dix with all the Dreamville equipment out? I’d be curious to see

2 Likes

Sky5 did a flyover…

8 Likes