Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

I’m on the train now from Kannapolis to Raleigh and it is packed with people headed to Dreamville! Conductor said they have no empty seats.

25 Likes

The 4th round trip can’t come fast enough!

2 Likes

32 Likes

@Daniel Was that shot taken from Lake Wheeler Rd.? I think that area of town will be unrecognizable 5 years from now.

11 Likes

Yes it was! And I totally agree. You can already see all the coming construction driving down the road.

3 Likes

Just hope there are plans to widen Lake Wheeler road, oh and a obligatory bike lane. Else will be a major mess.

Oh boy do I have something for you:

Lake Wheeler Road Improvement Project

12 Likes

View at lunch today from Wye Hill. Imaging how this view is going to change with time.
IMG_8125

20 Likes

Yeah, there’s gonna be a big box connected to another box blocking it. :joy:
:grumpy_cat:

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Community Potpourri

Does anyone on this page have a render of the city’s future skyline?

I think it’s @Vatnos that has been working on a 3D model of the potential future! Has shared its progress on this site a few times, not recently though

GWS + Smokey Hollow from atop Peace Raleigh Apartments this morning.

35 Likes

Thank you for keeping this topic, on topic.

11 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rave and Show Raleigh Off

The east facing painted black panels on the top floor of the Dillon are not aging well. :grimacing: Can’t wait for the black sections of Platform to look like this in a few years!

6 Likes

Wow! That’s bad. Need to use a better quality paint.

3 Likes

Gotta give it that true warehouse look

8 Likes

I think they are going for rust.

1 Like

It’s more of a “my mom accidentally bleached my black converse (that I didn’t want her to wash in the first place)” look.

Giving me flashbacks from middle school.

3 Likes