Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

Nice shot. I think those gaps on both sides of the Dillon will be filled in by the N&O and the other Hillsborough projects.

1 Like

Not much though at 250 feet it will just be 7 feet shorter than the justice center next door. Which in this picture does not have much of a presence.

Pic from Raleigh Union Station! Nice view :tram:

15 Likes

The 904 Oberlin townhome Development has an open house today, pretty beautiful home- and quite an amazing view from the rooftop (4th floor) deck. Downtown REALLY looks dense from up here!!

5 Likes

Another slightly different angle shows the SECU better

3 Likes

6 Likes

Calm before the storm this morning

4 Likes

The listing for a house in my neighborhood included a drone pic of the view towards downtown. Thought it was neat

17 Likes

View from 10th and Terrace

20 Likes

Is the Marriott really that ugly and yellow, seems it’s not like that in person.

Ugly yes, yellow, no. I think that the “sun” and its “tan” color make it show that way?

(For the record I didn’t take these but figured I’d borrow them and share em here. )

6 Likes

20 Likes

Last evening from Dix Park.

Now just need to photoshop out the light pole

3 Likes

Nice picture! Current proposals would do a lot to connect the Dillon to the rest of the skyline from this angle

18 Likes

What about the city gateway project that suppose to be at the Western/MLK , near Duke center for performing arts. Also, five horizons as well.

I’m really skeptical that the city gateway project will ever be built. We’ll see. Five horizons is the new one for those trees on the left? That will likely block view of everything west from this angle, like the Dillon and 301.

2 Likes

Figured I’d offer an update. Hadn’t touched the map for a couple weeks, but I added some more this weekend.

24 Likes

18 Likes

Grabbed this pano a couple days ago while getting some updated shots of the Fairweather construction. Not the greatest sky to enhance our city but a good snapshot of the evolving skyline.

16 Likes