Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

Not necessarily a picture from a camera, but a picture from above. Touched on this briefly last night but Google Earth has updated their imagery near Downtown to 3.9.21. To view this new imagery make sure “3D Buildings” are set to off. GoogleMaps.com and the app usually update about a week after Google Earth.
It’s pretty cool to see some of the new developments overhead.

A lot of dirt moving at North Hills / Midtown Exchange

23 Likes

There are many of these alley/streets in the Cameron Park area…very cool.

4 Likes

There are more a couple blocks north between Glenwood and Filmore and Filmore and Pierce. The one between Glenwood and Filmore probably was once the same alley as Governors Hill Ln. I rented a duplex on Filmore St for a while and had parking in the alley out back. It was pretty cool!

Looks like ExSF’s second picture might actually be from the section between Glenwood and Filmore?

2 Likes

29 Likes

The view that never gets old

26 Likes

You’re right some of those are from along/near Fillmore as well.

Any updates on the AT&T mural? :eyes:

1 Like

Someone posted this on twitter yesterday

17 Likes

Lipstick on a pig, but I’ll take it over a bland concrete wall.

4 Likes

Loving it. I hope once its finished, it gets enough love and attention that it inspires funding to completely cover that building in paint. I would also love to see the big blank concrete wall to the left of this picture covered in art!

21 Likes

That building is owned by the City, so any art project would have to be coordinated with them.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Videos of downtown Raleigh

Honestly, I’d love to see a green wall on that building but like @Christopher said it’s a city owned building so the chances of either of these ideas happening are very slim.

2 Likes

That goes here.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

24 Likes

Walk towards the light, Dylan!!
:cloud::angel::cloud:

3 Likes

31 Likes

Enjoy the shot, the new 12 story hotel will block out the sun from this angle eventually.

1 Like

Don’t you mean Carol Anne?

Ahhhh. I thought this was straight up just abstract art. But it’s a tree!

5 Likes