Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

Downtown from the Walnut Creek greenway at Wilmington.

19 Likes

This is facing north from the Capitol, where there are mostly low lying buildings; hence a more laid back picture of downtown.

1 Like

This is referring to Leo’s photo.

1 Like

Thought I’d share this here. On and off for the past few years I’ve been working on a scale model of the buildings along Fayetteville St. I finally finished it, more or less, this past week:

Scale is 1”=150’. Cat for scale:

48 Likes

Wow, what a project! Congrats on a well done job!
Both on the model and getting the cat into the position you wanted!! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That is amazing!
Do you plan on keeping it as is? Or updating is as new stuff gets built or even proposed? Or even creating your own imaginative buildings?

7 Likes

I’m shocked several people saw this and I was you first like. SUPER LIKE! I can’t even imagine the effort that went into this! Great job @Christopher!
:clap:t3:

4 Likes

Not to detract from the amazing work but that is one fluffy kitty cat!!! @dtraleigh can we start a Pictures of Downtown Raleigh’s Cats thread please???

5 Likes

Heck yes! Will be sharing Downtown Raleigh cat resident Taco when I get back home later this week

2 Likes

That’s strange because when I first saw it just now, there weren’t any likes on the post. I just liked it. Is there a “likes thief” in the house?

1 Like

Thanks everyone! It means a lot. :hugs:

Good question. I might go back and add the Capitol building and/or Memorial Auditorium, but otherwise I’ll probably wait until there is a new development on the street before updating it.

I’m not sure what’s going on there; I think the emoji reactions hid the like button for some reason. If you click the “…” button under the post it should display everyone who liked it though!

Y E S :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

You are free to create your own topics but cats, really? I’ll just put my feet up and see how you can spin this as relevant to a downtown Raleigh site.

:kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

To keep the downtown mice and rat population under control.

Just sayin’

4 Likes

We don’t want to get into a Chrisp Ratt situation…

aBWw3BD_460s

3 Likes

Is this allowed? Taco really likes his view of Glenwood South

27 Likes

If that is Taco’s happy face . . .

1 Like

Banger view to keep it relevant & feisty feline POV? 10/10 win my friend

5 Likes

Another West resident! Hello old neighbor!

1 Like

28 Likes

I happened to be driving up N West St. with my daughter the other day when I noticed some cars parked above and to the west of the tracks, which sort of surprised me because I didn’t think there were any streets there. Not having anything pressing to do, we decided to see if we could find that street, which is how we came up on this little alley/street called Governors Hill Ln (runs North-South between Glenwood and West St), which I just loved. I’m sure many here already know of it but it was new to me and we had a lot fun exploring this little neighborhood.

Entering Governors Hill from Peace St.

The cars we saw from West St were parked in this lot.

I’m intrigued by this black painted brick building on Dale St. Maybe recently renovated? No signage that I could see, but I suppose it’s just offices.
One of these is not like the others.

20 Likes