Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

Ok I’m having too much fun with this-

Orange = if the former Goodwill (current surface lot) is redeveloped to approved 40 story zoning

20 Likes

I was really feeling myself trying out a stylus for the first time lmao. Give me more shots to draw on :triumph: I love seeing the potential - really shows how dense Raleigh is soon to be!

5 Likes

Could you do a shot coming down Capital if they ever build SH 3 and Zimmer with the rest of the city in the back?
Crap picture, does anyone have a better perspective coming from the North

6 Likes

I can def draw on this but I am almost wondering if SH3 would extend above the top of this shot/angle! Got one with a further, more expansive view of this shot?

Old but from the Wade Ave Bridge

And from further up Capital

And 440 at Wake Forest

6 Likes

I thought I recalled a couple folks drawing these buildings in when they were first proposed. My favorite was Leo’s
That is post 169 on that page from July 2019.
@John also did a couple drawings of how they would look. But clearly @dtraleigh are my preferred model. I want the penthouse right under the helmet. However with my income, I expect I end up with something on the backside.

26 Likes

I’ll take the whole right arm, with my widows watch extending into the middle finger.

3 Likes

haha wow. I forgot about that one. Those two towers can just be affordable housing. Get your applications in now! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Love it. This would put Raleigh on the map.

2 Likes

Raleigh/DTR really does need something that is for sure! :+1: :tokyo_tower: :fountain: :ferris_wheel: :roller_coaster: :japanese_castle: :volcano:

2 Likes

I’d be happy with just a couple of nice towers; is that too much to ask? :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I’d take some connecting skyscrapers for sure? Kane & Zimmer need to make it happen :rofl:

11 Likes

32 Likes

@Jake this would be a great one to draw on

3 Likes

I’ll get on it!!!

4 Likes

This was the grainy image that I created back then for what 2 40 story towers might look like, side by side on Peace @ Capital.

16 Likes

The view from High Garden is a good one- and one that is set to drastically change.

21 Likes

A couple of shots walking up Glenwood this evening:

35 Likes

I can’t for Christmas time in the city🎄

9 Likes

32 Likes