Pictures and Videos of Downtown Raleigh

You were down there too? Man, we should’ve had a drink… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Didn’t get a pic since I was driving but am I losing it or did the top of the BB&T tower lose power or something tonight ? The whole top is pitch black.

Maybe for the Truist signs going up? Not sure the timing for that tho

2 Likes

it’s hiding in corner from embarrassment over the new sign.

3 Likes

Happy Monday from the recent most popular photography spot.

30 Likes

And looking the other direction!

31 Likes

Amazing gradients in the sunset sky tonight!

28 Likes

Does anyone know what the landscape/tree plan is for Capital as it comes into downtown?

Unfortunately I don’t think there is one (yet). It baffles me that part of this project didn’t include street trees and median plantings. Not sure how that even happened.
There is a capital Blvd study that was done that handles this but as far as I know there is nothing programmed yet.

2 Likes

A little off topic, but saw a aerial shot of Atlanta looking north from south of downtown and they have their own second downtown out to north. Seems to be along their beltway.

2 Likes

One at the Perimeter & I75, and another at The Woodies. Its a crazy drive these days. I am happy I only do it a few times a year.

Probably Perimeter Center or Cumberland. Those are the two edge cities along 285

1 Like

New to me but The Mecca has a new paint job. I think they are still temporarily closed.

25 Likes

It’s going to bother me for the rest of my life knowing that crosswalk isn’t straight. :grimacing:

61 Likes

First picture is a real keeper. One of best views I’ve seen of Downtown Raleigh. :+1:

9 Likes

Thank you! It’s my favorite too.

3 Likes

Great shots! Keep ‘em coming!!

4 Likes

@MisfitFirefighter now me too. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m a professional photographer and you guys be taking some killers shots wow ! Nice work ! You truly captured the progress of Downtown Raleigh and shows the added density and the importance of midrises and I’m crazy about getting the 40+story towers and over so when they do get built and I’m projecting we will atleast get three to four built then Raleigh is gonna have a mean looking Skyline and with Glenwood South with Kane and the Creamery development its gonna have some width and be spread out, Raleigh is gonna be ok :ok_hand:!

17 Likes

Wow, these shots do the growth in Raleigh justice! Got my city looking as thick as Nashville or Richmond finaly.

I cant wait to come back to town next weekend to get some shots of the downtown skyline with the NH juxtaposed.

10 Likes