Places to watch in the coming year?

For part of the corridor, they are adding bus-only lanes into the existing median. Happy to told wrong though if anyone knows. I should recheck the plans later to confirm.

1 Like

Per the last downtown south quarter meeting, the stadium is not actively being pursued currently.

They are but if you recall the Hillsborough Street makeover….multiply that times 4 miles….with elevated bus stops/stations……MUCH larger project

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bus Rapid Transit in Raleigh

The Iron District (Atlantic ave./ Whitaker Mill) & East End Market (Wake Forest rd./ Whitaker Mill), St. Albans

1 Like

I know you said you’re focused on Raleigh but downtown Cary has to be on the list too… the new downtown park is set to open this summer, lots of development recently completed, underway, or soon to begin construction.

3 Likes

Dry and sarcastic humor is always difficult to capture in a format like this one.

3 Likes

I think that we are at the beginning of the next transformation of Glenwood South. With the demise of Cornerstone and the advent of new development including what’s happening at Smoky Hollow, I think that the neighborhood is on the path to a more mature urban neighborhood that sustains itself on things other than weekend partying.

11 Likes