Platform and West End II - Development at W Cabarrus/S Saunders

Such an active site. I feel like it’s underrated how much of an impact this will have extending downtown

20 Likes

Active and really a large development as well!

3 Likes

Southside of Warehouse district is going to grow into it’s own district!!

5 Likes

I honestly love this development. It’s large and will probably spur more large developments in the future.

6 Likes

Just need that damn West St extension tunnel for it to really make an impact!

12 Likes

The West St. extension should be priority 1 for the city of Raleigh. The connection will allow the city to envision a substantial plan for the entirety of West from Wade on the north to South St. on the south. With what’s already been built along this corridor on both sides, it’s easy to imagine it becoming the most vital mixed use corridor in the city.

15 Likes

Crane base is in. Should see the crane go up soon.

12 Likes

My wife is going to get tired of me dragging her downtown to see all of the new cranes that keep popping up. haha

11 Likes

Sounds like it’s time to get a new wife? HAHAHAH :joy: :rofl: :joy:

Kidding dude, just kidding…sorry, I couldn’t help myself! :wink: :innocent:

5 Likes

Maybe your wife isn’t interested in numerous cranes?

I almost always know it is going to be a post about a crane when I login and there have been 4 replies since my last visit an hour ago… I was right! Bring all the cranes!

11 Likes

Damn so this will be 4 cranes at the same time in downtown proper (5 if you include Iron Works). Gotta be a record, eh???

5 Likes

I was just thinking the same thing. I can’t remember a time when 4 cranes were up at the same time. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that we get a couple more during 2022.

5 Likes

I’ll grab a pic when we walk back to that side of town. Maybe get the bird out and grab some of the Lake Wheeler Park City South clearing as well.

12 Likes

Remember several months back when we were lamenting that there weren’t any cranes in the sky?

10 Likes

I count myself extremely lucky to have @GucciLittlePenguin who is always down to wander around and look at construction projects. It’s definitely a rare quality in most people LOL!

7 Likes

400H, Chick-fil-A hotel, and this one. What’s the other one I’m missing?

3 Likes

Seaboard Station dev!

Seaboard station has 1

I just beat ya to it :sunglasses: