Platform and West End II - Development at W Cabarrus/S Saunders

Maybe they were indicating that they were going to paint big grey stripes on the deck? :wink:

Perhaps it’s the first step in some sort of Dazzle Camouflage like they used on warships back in WWI.

2 Likes

Won’t phase 2 cover this to some extent? Longer term it’s probably mute.

I don’t think the majority of our visitors are arriving by Amtrak. At least RDU is amazing in terms of medium sized city airports (at least that I’ve ever seen)…

3 Likes

No- it backs up to the property line. Phase two won’t cover it at all I think.

4 Likes

That’s correct. Phase 2 is just the eastern part of this block up to West St. Assuming Kane wants to develop it. It was originally part of the Planned Development but that request was pulled.

2 Likes

That brick building is second round boxing I use to train there.

1 Like

According to an update from the project liaison, the deck with be fully covered:

Precast parking deck installation is complete! All four sides of the parking deck will be wrapped with apartments and exterior finishes, so the parking deck will not be visible at completion.

30 Likes

this is amazing news.

1 Like

VERY unexpected yet FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

2 Likes

I figured this was the case since the deck is fully enclosed.

2 Likes

Does this mean they may not be planning the future phases though?

1 Like

Exterior finishes? That’s vague as hell. Paint is an exterior finish. Stucco is an exterior finish. Metal cladding is an exterior finish.

1 Like

That’s part of the excitement

1 Like

It will be a surprise! I’ve set my expectations low.

@atl_transplant we haven’t gotten any updates on phase 2 in a long time. The last update was that they were waiting to see what the office market would do because that phase was supposed to be office buildings.

5 Likes

Lipstick on a pig… :grumpy_cat:

I don’t see why they would spend the money on a fully enclosed and actively ventilated garage just to cheap out on the siding, but we’ll see I guess.

2 Likes

To set some minds at ease, you can see the concrete base and pillars for apartments or something substantial along this whole parking deck wall that faces the train station.

You can also see where the creek is going underneath. Maybe they’ll actually have that daylit Creek in some portion of this like one of the renders indicated.

21 Likes

The apartments facing the tracks will have permanently unobstructed skyline views. It would be a waste (in terms of $$$) for them to not wrap the deck on that side.

15 Likes

2nd stick floor is going up!

28 Likes

31 Likes