Platform and West End II - Development at W Cabarrus/S Saunders

And the FULL WRAP-AROUND begins!!!

8 Likes

Can’t wait to hear all the folks in those apartments complaining about the train noise! :steam_locomotive:

7 Likes

I was thinking what is more attractive - looking right at the train platform or the new places with the fantastic view of Central Prison… decisions decisions.

1 Like

Let’s just hope the leasing offices understand the less desirable apartments on those sides (RR track facing and prison facing) should absolutely go for significantly less than the rentals with better views

The market is going to make that abundantly clear for them, I’d imagine.

5 Likes

If I were young and renting, I’d love to look at the trains! I even have two huge oil paintings of sides of old rail cars. I’m all about some trains!!!

12 Likes

They will just rent them to Railroad fanatics. I know a couple of them that would pay a premium for rail side view. :steam_locomotive: :steam_locomotive: :steam_locomotive:

5 Likes

Yeah, I’d be pretty thrilled to have that view. It’s not like trains are going through there every ten minutes. I don’t think it’ll be that much of a nuisance.

2 Likes

I live across the street from this project and have lived near railroad crossings for many years. I don’t notice the noise of horns and rumbling trains anymore, but these units will be up against the tracks. I’m sure they will not only hear but also feel the rumble on that side! Not to mention the train station announcements and horns from passenger trains literally right outside their windows.

I don’t doubt that people will want these units, but you’d be surprised at how often people choose to live near trains and then complain about them.

11 Likes

31 Likes

Oh wow, lots of progress on this one!

2 Likes

5 cranes seems a bit overkill?

4 Likes

If it means they finish this project faster, I welcome the overkill! :building_construction::building_construction::building_construction::building_construction::building_construction:

9 Likes

Five cranes in a row would be a Killtacular, not an Overkill.

/halo

11 Likes

Shot:

Chaser:

#characters

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure @mike is allowed on the site anymore.
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

After further reflection, my official opinion is, “Whyyy are there only 5 cranes?!?!?”

11 Likes

New angle?

32 Likes

Excellent angle! Thank you! :star_struck:
Given how far away the tower part of this building is from the street, it’s ashamed they couldn’t or chose not to go higher :cry:

4 Likes

I think it was a concession height limit reached with Boylan? Either way, it looks appropriate in person

1 Like