Public Art in Raleigh

Looters took everything and even burned the mannequins.

And yet the business owner still has found compassion. Good guy he is!

6 Likes

Anyone who has shopped at Art of Style or has met Kendra, the owner, knows that she is invested in inclusiveness and in the Raleigh community. There is room to be both.

15 Likes

It’s possible to be both.

CVS never looked so good!

23 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Freedom Park

Some new sidewalk murals have been going in lately. :art::paintbrush:
Corner of Cabarrus and Salisbury

Corner of Wilmington and Davie

20 Likes

Looks like the light/art tower is getting cleaned.

7 Likes

with all the greenery around it, how does anyone even see it? It looks even more like a cell phone tower. I think its time to move this.

7 Likes

Agreed! It needs to be moved to somewhere that you don’t have to drive to see it. Maybe it can be moved to the future Devereux Meadows park?

4 Likes

Or maybe the landfill…

1 Like

Yeah - I’ve driven by it many times and always assumed it was a cell tower.

2 Likes

It should be at the art museum with a plaque to give proper context for it in Raleigh’s municipal history. “Remember when a mirrored tower shaped mayoral races?”

2 Likes

Didn’t someone suggest moving it to the plaza in front of RUS? Any place that it a) gets plenty of sunlight and b) people can mill about it would be good for me. Devereux would have the added advantage of being visible from the Cap Blvd.

5 Likes

I didn’t realize this had been done over off Davie in front of Art Space. Love it!

29 Likes

Easily the best picture I’ve seen of it. Awesome!

10 Likes

i would relocate it and put the stylized illuminated oak cylinders that used to be near a museum downtown as a gateway when entering on capital from the north.

2 Likes

Miami’s building a signature bridge at the end of I395 @ downtown that will have similar attributes to this. http://www.i395-miami.com/the-project/

3 Likes

:pray:t3:

18 Likes