Raleigh Elections and Council Overall

Of course it matters. I like to know the sources of information I read on the internet as I do my research.

But, to answer your question, no I don’t base my votes on things like this, anyway. I do my research and decide based on candidate questionnaires, platforms, records, meet and greets, etc. Then I match that information to what I think is best for our growing city.

I don’t let others with loud microphones (whether I agree with them or not) tell me how to vote.

3 Likes

I was just number 321. In and out in 3 minutes.

10 Likes

OMG that shirt! Love it.

3 Likes

Voter #150 at Green Road Community Center. Took at friend, but besides the two of us, it was empty over lunch. Nice meeting several of y’all last night.

2 Likes

So I live in District D. I’m pretty set on the Notorious MAB for mayor (tho worried I see almost nothing about her anywhere) and Nicole Stewart for at-large. Based off the Indy and some word of mouth, I guess I’m also for Jonathan Melton for the other at-large and Saige Martin for District D.

Anyone have any thoughts to make me feel a bit stronger about my choices, or reasons I might need to change my mind?

Thanks!

7 Likes

I’m with you on both of those @GucciLittlePig. Look forward to reading responses.

1 Like

That’s how I voted as well. I like Brittany for D as well but I think Saige has more of a chance and I think if we make it to a run-off, he could win. I’ve talked to Melton a few times and I think he’s very good.

3 Likes

Also in District D and plan to vote the same. I think unseating Crowder is a long shot, but we just need to get it to a run-off. For what it’s worth, the Indy endorsed all of these candidates.

3 Likes

Just in case anyone needs a quick reference.

1 Like

Looks like for District C Corey Branch seems the most reasonable. The rest look to be single-issue politicians with unrealistic solutions.

IDK, I’ll vote today.

1 Like

I’m fairly confident nobody is going to upseat Cory Branch in C. He’s the least NIMBY on the council outside of Nicole. If I were in C I’d vote for him.

3 Likes

I was considering voting for Caroline Sullivan but then I heard about the Hillary Clinton fundraiser for her in NYC - looks like I’m going for MAB now as well.

3 Likes

I was just reading that story. I don’t have a huge problem with Hillary Clinton, but that rubs me the wrong way that she’s doing a fundraiser in NYC with a bigwig like that for a local election.

5 Likes

That’s been her MO the entire campaign. She raised a TON of money and most of it came from outside the city. I think the last time I saw an article on the fundraising disclosures, less than half of her donors were from Raleigh as well.

1 Like

I voted for Hillary last time because she was the better option, but voted for Bernie in the primary, because he was the better option. I want better options. And I feel like we have it with MAB, but I won’t lose sleep if Sullivan wins. Just not Francis, please… and Stef Mendel.

11 Likes

Just a WAG here, but what if she is connecting Raleigh developers with New York financiers.

2 Likes

Just what Raleigh needs, its own version of Whitewater! Caroline seems like a fine, pragmatic option but I’m also turned off by these out-of-town fundraisers. I voted for MAB. She seems passionate about smart growth and has fire in her belly.

7 Likes

Just wanted to share that Mary-Ann rode a Citrix Cycle with Oaks and Spokes to the polls to vote this weekend. Great to see political leadership embracing people centered mobility options :heart:

17 Likes

I obviously can’t vote in this election, but Mendell and Cox have been incredibly irritating since they got there. Apparently they’re both pretty unpleasant in person as well. Best of luck voting 'em out!

2 Likes

I think it has more to do with the fact that her husband is a lobbyist connected to national players in the Democratic party, so she’s using those contacts to help her raise money.