Raleigh Elections and Council Overall

Not surprised. After all, the only thing I could find that comes remotely close to a platform or policy proposal is his praise for CACs.

Like what @Vatnos said, though: what does this guy actually stand for? Between his lack of clarity for literally anything and his badly-designed website, I can’t tell if he’s just an amateur or he’s not in it to win it.

2 Likes

I’m neutral on CACs but I am wary of anyone that makes them the centerpiece of their platform.

12 Likes

Anyone watch this yet? Will try to get to it this week and summarize.

1 Like

I have heard tonight that David Cox will not run for re-election .

7 Likes

Good Riddance!!! Hopefully an all Yimby council is coming with a Yimby Mayor!!! Which we have one the Notorious MAB.

Tim Niles must be devastated.

And Stef Mendel, and all of “Livable Raleigh”.

1 Like

I have an idea for Stef. If she doesn’t want growth, move to Rocky Mount.

6 Likes

I was thinking Greensboro, but yeah!!!

I worked with Tim in 2017 & 2019 helping David to get re-elected . That was before David & I started to disagree on Downtown South , all the 40 story rezoning cases , ect. A main reason that I voted for David in 2017 & 2019 was that he did help us concerning trying to bring minor league baseball to Raleigh . In app. 2017 , David picked up the phone , called the City Manager , Ruffin Hall , The Director of Economics , then James Sauls , & requested a meeting with my good friend for a baseball presentation . The 30 minute scheduled meeting lasted 1 1/2 hours . The biggest problem was that my friend did not have the political power that others had concerning the hotel / food tax help & this project was $25 million short . None of the other council members gave my friend this kind of help except David & I wanted to help David because of his effort .

2 Likes

The Same Michael Bloomberg that gave $100 Million Dollars to the Democratic effort this pass election lol?

For those of y’all who don’t follow the thread on Raleigh population statistics, the results from last year’s census is taking longer to process than usual, and voting district-based information won’t be released until Sept. 30. That’s because there’s so many people responding using more question formats, and there’s more data to process than ever before. Plus, y’know, there’s a deadly pandemic that’s still raging about…

Why’s it relevant on this thread? This means city elections planned on Oct. 5 could get pushed back, since census results will be out too late for candidates to register and voters to know who they can even vote for:

As if that’s not bad enough, depending on if/how the General Assembly changes the rules, it could also impact the 2022 primaries (i.e. when Republicans vote on who to replace Sen. Richard Burr).

Learn more, courtesy of the N&O.

6 Likes

Well, this is going to be a bit of cluster-f&#*

2 Likes

I’m okay if the current City Council gets to stay a little longer…

5 Likes

Interesting stuff - thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know what the population numbers looked like in 2010-2011 for city of Raleigh Districts?

Especially since Livable Raleigh just formed up a new Council of No. All 4 will be speaking at their next meeting.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Public Engagement - Raleigh Citizen Advisory Councils (CACs) and Citizen Engagement Office

Just saw this. Very interesting… We may get to keep our Council of Yes for another year, and may stop with the runoffs.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/wake-county/article251972343.html

2 Likes

This will not go over well with the NIMBY crowd.

1 Like

It’s not. “Liveable” Raleigh is already up in arms.

https://groups.google.com/u/2/g/livableraleighteam/c/17BNwplFTus

At their June 8 work session, the Raleigh City Council majority announced a self-serving and unprecedented power grab designed to keep themselves in office for an extra year.

What can Raleigh residents do in light of this self-serving power grab? Stay tuned as Livable Raleigh explores the possibilities….

@Raleighite Tweeted asking for opinions on this move you may find interesting.
Referenced Tweet

3 Likes