Raleigh Stadium/Arena/Sports Discussions

Only way the NBA ends up here is if Charlotte plays half the games here and half there.

Honestly that’d be dope - but of all the pro-teams in NC, they’re the only one actually named with their respective city (CHARLOTTE Bobcats vs Carolina Panthers and Hurricanes) - so I don’t see it flying.

1 Like

NC State ain’t sharing Jacksh##!!!

I will wager my life’s savings on that one.

I wonder if it would make financial sense to make them the Carolina Hornets and offer games in both markets. I mean if you think about it, a big part of the equation is whether a city has the disposable income to sell out a house for 41 games. The more limited supply could be a good thing.

But it does mean double the events for STH and moving staff around, etc, etc. So there are complications.

Um…they are already sharing PNC.

2 Likes

And NC State fans despise it….they like the nice arena but they despise the fact that most refer to it as the Canes arena.

Hell will freeze over before they “share” their football stadium.

What about the WNBA? If it can work in Connecticut and Vegas it can work here?

7 Likes

I read something that WNBA was strongly looking toward expansion in the near future. I believe it came from the commissioner or someone at least high up.

2 Likes

We should have WNBA team here I’ll compliment the NWSL Team herr well, I think will be a good fit to get WNBA, as a holdover to get a Major League Baseball team here in Raleigh.

4 Likes

OMG I’ve been calling them the Bobcats still LMAO :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

That’s why if we do get another pro team (MLB, MLS) they need to be the “RALEIGH {insert team name}” that way it will all even out. Two Carolina branded teams, two city branded teams.

6 Likes

Cobras

At this point that’s the only choice for a team name. Raleigh Cobras or bust.

5 Likes

Cobras, Oaks, Aviators are my top 3

2 Likes

Who remembers?

8 Likes

What is this??? NFL???

Haha I remember going to cobras games! Arena football league in pnc, or whatever it was named back then.

2 Likes

Google is your friend:

Basically, they were a Raleigh-based pro arena football team that played from 2000 to 2002. There’s actually another Carolina Cobras, apparently, that plays in Greensboro.

2 Likes

Rhino’s would be my top pick. Of course, I’ll need a $25,000 consulting fee to come up with that.

1 Like

FYI there is a semi-pro, possibly minor league soccer team where I’m from called the Rochester Rhinos that used to be pretty well known for being good.

1 Like

How about Raleigh Zebra Cobra’s…? Lol :rofl:

9 Likes