Raleigh Stadium/Arena/Sports Discussions

Chicago Wolves was recently announced as the Canes’ AHL affiliate. It sounds like they (Chicago) conceded on pretty much everything they pitched a fit about when they wanted to go independent.

Division 1 hockey for State & UNC would be so exciting to have for the area. The current club games between these two teams are attracting like 5-6K in attendance.

8 Likes

Assuming this is their way of telling the B10 they are open for business.

Clearly my sarcasm didn’t connect.

It had nothing to do with a practice facility other than the fact Raleigh can’t seem to get ANY sports facility downtown while virtually every other city can (see Wilson NC)…&. while charlotte can even get a damn practice facility…along with all of their other sports venues.

6 Likes

Wait? What? Move your arena downtown instead of keeping it in a parking lot!!!

Sooooo EVERY minor town around Raleigh is building their stadiums Downtown…meanwhile Raleigh…

3 Likes

If anything I applaud you for your commitment to the bit

8 Likes

Dude. It’s not happening. Agree with ya, but it’s a lost cause.

8 Likes

Probably splitting hairs but the Fayetteville’s relocated Crown Event Center will not be a sports venue. It’s a 3,000 seat theater that mostly hosts smaller concerts. Nice to have in downtown, but the Crown Colisseum, home of the esteemed Fayetteville Marksmen – and the only venue capable of hosting A-list musical acts-- is staying put.

5 Likes

Cary will be the center of international soccer next week with “The Soccer Tournament” (TST) here for the 2nd time. This year seems to be even bigger: more teams, more events, more celebrities, bigger media / broadcast reach.

https://thetournament.com/tst/

14 Likes

Picture of Carter Finely Stadium under construction in 1966. If you squint hard enough you can see the Stadium Area Plan beginning to take shape, and should be completed by 2030, if we are lucky.

13 Likes

It’s now merely the memory of the shadow cast where the horse died countless ages ago. But each morning, they still ritualistically return to this same spot to pound the barren patch of earth where the dead horse had once laid so, so many years ago.

3 Likes

The Wolfpack is the first of the Triangle schools to win their regional and move on to their super regional!
Go Pack!
:baseball: :champagne: :broom: :tuffy:

9 Likes

Yes! “Go Pack”! What a Regional Win tonight against James Madison University 5 to 3.

2 Likes

What sport is this? I know the Cheese Rolling Championships are over.
:cheese:

3 Likes

Apparently you did not study the emojis in my post.
:eyeglasses:

Champagne sweeping???

BoA just revealed upgraded stadium plans.

1 Like

How much is Tepper asking from Charlotte taxpayers?

1 Like

$650M of the $800M !!! wow. And somehow he’s got Charlotte thinking he’ll chip in $421M in future maintenance and upgrades. That’ll never happen.

3 Likes