Raleigh Stadium/Arena/Sports Discussions

Its exit only for Canes games. Maybe for all arena events? Regardless, I’d bet they are looking at something more substantial.

Maybe something like an access road for Edwards Mill / Arena / Blue Ridge exits and thru lanes otherwise?

1 Like

Gate H has been the way I drive into NCSU football games, and the way I leave afterwards. It’s like a cheat code if you park in the 1000 or 2000 lots.

You have to get lucky to use it to exit during Canes games, in my experience. Even if you’re parked in the lot literally in front of it, they’ll often shuffle you out behind all the other lots going towards Blue Ridge or Trinity.

2 Likes

Wow…charlotte can even get a practice facility downtown…Raleigh can’t even get a concrete outdoor basketball court

2 Likes

We don’t have any sports that need a downtown practice facility - they’re often an even sillier public money grift than the stadiums themselves. The Canes practice in Morrisville, close to where most of the players live.

8 Likes

Not sure why you would be jealous of a practice facility downtown. That’s 100% wasted space for 99% of the population, and the panthers are only doing it because Tepper burned the Rock Hill bridge.

17 Likes

I mean a lot of the practices are open to the public. A lot of these facilities end up putting gyms, basketball courts, other sports stuff, etc. that are open to the public to use.

3 Likes

Jesus, what an absolute disaster Tepper has been. He sticks SC with this facility that’s unfinished that no one will ever use, and now he tries his luck with Charlotte, what a dick. So the worst team in the league needs one of the best practice facilities with 3 full 100-yard fields? There’s no way.

If Charlotte allows this, we know where their priorities are.

2 Likes

Team has done nothing but go downhill since he took over. He needs to put the money into hiring a competent GM of football operations to rebuild the team from the ground up. Then worry about a practice facility.

This is just proposed. And sounds like far from a done deal. Did you read the article?

The neighbors are certainly not happy about the plans.

Homie they’ve done exactly this like 3 times since he took over, already LMAO. If Bryce doesn’t show improvement this year, they’ll likely be doing it yet again. Tepper is garbage inside and out.

As a Bears fan I think Tepper has done great :frog: :coffee:

2 Likes

good fodder for yas feat. a raleigh mention in the first 10 seconds

2 Likes

Reminder that CityNerd will be in Durham on or near June 10 at Durty Bull! (Date/loc not 100% confirmed yet)

3 Likes

Imagine the shadows! :wink:

Bear Down! I am a Tepper fan for life after getting his 1st overall pick back to back years

1 Like

Wait, what?? The comment for Raleigh is trying to make a point that some larger cities don’t have what smaller cities have. So he picked, “Raleigh has an NHL team but Charlotte doesn’t”. WTF? With any context at all it should be, “Charlotte has every possible pro sports team besides NHL and MLB and Raleigh only has NHL.”

Maybe I misheard it?

3 Likes

Charlotte should work on building good teams before lusting for another sports team that will probably be bad as well.

7 Likes

Wait until you see the ask for renovations to BOA. Those are coming next.

3 Likes

State and UNC announcing that they’re going into D1 Club hockey. College sports financials are in complete limbo right now, but this would be the next step to going full NCAA Division 1.

Gotta wonder if UNC ends up building a hockey first stadium for this team as they announced, will State maybe try and push for a similar deal for an AHL Canes affiliate/College 4k seater stadium to be built somewhere? If the goal is to go full D1, the new Wake Competition Center won’t be big enough.

13 Likes