Raleigh Stadium/Arena/Sports Discussions

I believe this is accurate but not :100:

1 Like

Toronto is calling and wants its unorganized sprawl-density backā€¦ but Go Canes! :hurricanes:

Three stadiums all in the same area doesnā€™t seem like the best idea economically. This would cause even more dense development to occur in this area and midtown instead of downtown.

All of the activity and liveliness of Raleigh will be in the suburbs, while downtown will only be active on Glenwood during the school year. We already see this now following Hurricane and NC state games.

Thereā€™s been a few I believe. I know for sure Jack Adams won as a player, coach, and GM of a team.

To add to this though. Modern day hockey would be a lot harder to accomplish this. Brindā€™Amour may be the first in modern day hockey where weā€™ve had 30+ teams.

3 Likes

FYI, the Canes kicked off Round 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals in NY yesterday. We donā€™t have home ice advantage and we did lose last night 3-4 vs the Rangers. Not the end of the world and hereā€™s to hoping we take game 2 on Tuesday (7p) and can come home with the series tied and an advantage!
:hurricanes:

7 Likes

Sorry for the repeat bad news posts, but the Canes lost last night in double OT, now down 0-2 to the Rangers. Game 3 is at home Thursday 7p.

2 Likes

Things are not looking favorable at this point. Hope they can tie the series at home, and then steel a win in NY. Itā€™s a tall order.

One thing to give hope is that they only lost by 1 the first game and went to double OT last game. They arenā€™t far off, and grabbing a game on the road would have been amazing. Iā€™m hopeful we take both games home and use that momentum to take game 5.

5 Likes

Iā€™m hoping they can do it, but during the broadcast last night the announcers said that teams that win the first two games go on to win the series 86% of the time.

Of course that means that the other team wins 14% of the time. So youā€™re saying thereā€™s a chance!

4 Likes

Canes were the better team last night. Rangers, however had a brick wall in front of their net!

3 Likes

Yup. Win the home games like the Rangers barely did and itā€™s a brand new 3 game series.

3 Likes

Things are looking grim, folks. While the Canes did take game 3 to overtime at home, the Rangers made quick work of things and won in OT. The Canes play game 4 at home Sat and will now have to win 4 in a row to advance to the next round.

Letā€™s make history!

7 Likes

Well we also had some empty goals at some point we need a stronger goalie.

Goaltending has been ok. Igor is obviously on another level in that area for them.

The difference between 0-3 and 3-0 has been our ability to execute on power plays, plain and simple.

The Rangers have also simply been more clutch.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Canes took game 4 at home to make the series 1-3.

#LETSGOCANES

15 Likes

Make History Carolina Hurricanes! Make History! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

The odds may still be stacked against us, but the Canes took game 5 with a score of 4-1 (all 4 goals scored in the 3rd period), ON THE ROAD!!! The series is now 3-2. Momentum is in our favor, people!

Game 6 is AT HOME, Thursday at 7p!

#CauseChaos

24 Likes

RE: PNC Arena area development, Don Waddell mentioned on the OG podcast today that they are working with NCDOT to try to fix the ingress/egress issue. I wonder if maybe they are trying to get access to the site directly from Wade?

1 Like

There is in entrance/exit on Wade. Itā€™s used for NCSU football games, not sure if itā€™s used for Hockey, etc.

Itā€™s gate H.

1 Like

So in a 2 mile strip with 2 exits and a major interchange already existing, they want to add another one
IDK - sounds like a good for the developers and bad for drivers decision to me.
My crystal ball foresees immaculate congestion.
*addendum - I presume this would be open all the time for the development they plan.
Addendum #2 - @mike how about a frontage road between Edwardā€™s Mill and Blue Ridge. Those donā€™t have to be ugly, they just usually are.

2 Likes