Raleigh Union Station and RUSbus Facility / Union West

Sure was when I went by

Demo started yesterday on the backside of the warehouse. Will get some photos later.

32 Likes

I’ll try and get another at lunch as well, but the front facing sides already have new glass windows and framing. Implying they were able to save the facade.

3 Likes

29 Likes

Kind of odd that they would put in new windows while doing the demolition work.

1 Like

I had the exact same thought…

As watered down as this may be from the original plan, this is going to be an insanely dense area with the Dillon and these units across the street, with a very urban feel between the two. Did you know there is still a retail space available on the western face of the Dillon?

9 Likes

I thought there were still at least 2?

…almost felt like this day would never come.
(Sorry for the meme but this song was my brain’s instant reaction to your pics/the demo :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

The entire west side of downtown is emerging as the most densely populated area in the city. Glenwood South + Warehouse District is a 1, 2 punch.

10 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: CAM Block Redevelopment

That’s a hell of a wedding cake.

I’ll come back out and try to get some aerial shots of this later today.

32 Likes

Honestly just wild that this is officially in-process, feels like we’ve been anticipating this one with zero movement on it for just about forever… over/under on when we see a crane go up?? (it’s gonna be the biggest crane downtown has seen since 2007/08!!!)

16 Likes

Reminds me of Ukraine :cry:

Not that kind of “crane.” :grimacing:

4 Likes

I don’t think it’ll be any larger than 400H initially, though it’ll have to be extended like FNB did on Fayetteville (and taller!!!)

I’m guessing crane is Q1 of '23?

10 Likes

Oh def, but yeah once extended to full height it’ll be tallest since PNC!

4 Likes

With the Creamery right behind it!
:crossed_fingers:t3:

11 Likes

They have to get their new ASR approved. There were a lot of comments. Kinda seems like the city was pissed that they submitted a new one. Then they’ll need to get revised site permits.

1 Like