Raleigh Union Station and RUSbus Facility

Lol, Raleigh really is not that bad but okay.

No need to complicate things, keep it simple like the original.

sorry, i’m new and it won’t let me put more than one image in a post.

Great pictures! Having commercial areas inside the bus terminal is definitely better, though. It’s nice when you don’t have enough time to stop somewhere else and there’s a quick place to get a to-go sandwich, coffee, magazine, phone charger or whatever before hopping on the bus. Having personally been in this position for both buses and trains many a time.

Lets not do that. That space is prime for what is proposed.

Cool pictures though.

BKgraphics48

(Above) Excerpt from the Transit Capacity and Quality of Service Manual found on WRI Cities Hub (here).

Also fun, a 2016 article from NextCity about design finalists for NYC’s Port Authority terminal (here).

A design competition would be a fun way to come up with ideas for the station. A particular aspect of airports and train stations are multiple levels to improve circulation for passengers and vehicles. Airport access roads are also designed to separate traffic to improve flow and efficiency. If possible I’d like to see some of this integrated into the new facility while also being integrated into the streetscape and warehouse district in a a meaningful way.

TBJ is reporting that Wine and Design will be leasing the upper floor of Union Station for their new HQ. Not exactly Amazon but not bad news either.