Residential Infill along New Bern - Edenton

Watch the development projects that will closely follow this project. All of that crappy run-down stuff between downtown core and Raleigh Blvd is about to go ‘bye-bye’…finally.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s almost as if Russell Allen saw this coming.:thinking:

1 Like

But that stuff isn’t adjacent to the sidewalk project. I think most of that stuff would be cool if properly renovated. If it turns into a free standing Starbucks and Panera we all have lost…

2 Likes

This project has been in the works for 3 years . It will be about 20 units next to Hargett Oaks .

3 Likes

I think we’ve mentioned 540 East Hargett on this thread before so moving it here. I walk by it frequently and noticed stakes in the ground the other day so perhaps land clearing is taking place soon.

1 Like

Any more details on Woodsborough Place? Are they single family homes, townhomes, apartments, condos?

Last I heard is that they will be SFHs but of the more compact style rather than your traditional look.

I have just received this information from my friend . They are going to look like single family but without a public street . They are going to improve the existing townhomes that are existing with half that was never completed in the 80’s .

3 Likes

Was going to reach out to Five Horizons to get more details as I was interested, but seems they no longer exist

For the last 10 years, we’ve built beautiful homes — homes we couldn’t have built without our partners, supporters and community. It’s been an amazing run, but our time as residential builders has come to a close. You can now find us under Merge Capital, a commercial real estate investment firm.

We are excited to have partnered with a team of developers, engineers and artists to reinvent the way the world thinks about finding and building great places to work, play and stay.

http://thefivehorizons.com/

2 Likes

We should begin seeing more proposals like this considering the rise in property costs in the area. I don’t live far from here and encourage the need for more density, this is on the corner of Tipton and Cumberland.
4 town-home units placed on two properties totaling .28 Acres with rooftop terrace.
I’m curious now that Five Horizons is no longer in business, what happens to their properties on New Bern Ave. with plans to develop multiple one bedroom condos?

2 Likes

Who are the top developers near downtown doing missing middle 2-20 unit type developments?

1 day after I was curious what would happen to the properties Five Horizons owned on New Bern. The city approved their plans for 625 New Bern Ave to CAPA or “Approved with Conditions Pending Appeal”.
I’m not sure if this is realistic or just approved via the city because Five Horizons is still on the plans?
Anyways its 3 separate buildings with 6, one bedroom units for a total of 24 town-homes on half an acre property.

4 Likes

Anyone know what happened with Five Horizons? Their website says they’re no longer doing residential construction and that they can now be found under Merge Capital - a commercial real estate firm.

I can find zero web presence for Merge Capital.

I was wondering the same thing, zero information about Merge Capital. They were very successful with the 10 Arros town-homes on New Bern, where all but 1 have sold.
That’s why I was so confused when the city advanced their plans for 625 New Bern, with their name still on the plans.
The other properties in question are 801 & 908 New Bern, and 310 North State St. I’m sure another developer would want to capitalize on the cities first BRT line.

1 Like

Not on New Bern, but development just a little further in that direction. I am really interested in how a new project by Redeeming Homes turns out. They seem to be house flippers getting into their first new construction work. There are two things I find really interesting and novel about what they are doing. #1. The property is in R-6 (so silly) zoning, so they can’t do townhomes. They are instead building what must technically be duplex’s. #2. They are selling those 9 duplex’s as 18 Condo’s. I have not seen this done before in Raleigh. The other thing I kind of like about them is that the designs on their FB page shows some creativity in changing around the fronts of each building while keeping with essentially the same layout. All the cut out parts in the middle, then on the outside, then the left. Check it out.
https://www.facebook.com/redeeminghomesnc/

![image|500x500]
“thanks to Clearscapes for their vision and innovation as we work to create East Raleigh’s first neighborhood condo project.”

For the record, this area could use more missing middle, and this is not the worlds best result. But, for the constraints they have with current zoning and very strange lot I am impressed.

5 Likes

This development is at 2210 MILLBANK ST

is that along Millbrook road? ( sorry just had to say it )

I have been watching their entire rehab of this property near my house since the beginning. The before and after is a huge improvement. It also sold well before being finished, so their work must speak for itself.

The development you posted is behind the Food Lion on N Raleigh Blvd. That area could use some new construction.

2 Likes

I go to that Food Lion for groceries. Lam’s Garden to the right of the Food Lion is the best cheap Chinese food in the city IMO. The whole CAC had ~5 new homes and a new duplex built last year. Def not keeping up with demands. Reedeming homes just renovated both the homes backing up to my backyard, and seem to be working on 3 or so in East Raleigh at a time right now. They are probably the most active in the area.

1 Like

I think this one is the crown jewel of their remodels so far. image It was a one story farm house (literally a 1901 farm house). They took it down to studs and the front facade. Then they used the old roof rafters as the hardwood floors. 2343 Stevens Rd, Raleigh, NC 27610 | Zillow

9 Likes