Rockway (formerly Park City South) - Saunders/Lake Wheeler Apartments and Retail

This is a view from the greenway. Once the trees comes in you won’t really even be able to see it from the trail.

20 Likes

Brickwork has started

31 Likes

Is it just me or would the parking deck lump sticking out the top look so much better if they wrapped it in brick, as well??? I would almost prefer that to a random paintjob to appear as some planned mural when in actuality it will very much look like an obvious attempt at covering up a parking deck lump with random buckets of paint.

7 Likes

Brick is expensive. Don’t be silly!

1 Like

Don’t underestimate Go Away Green and Blending Blue

1 Like

Lol I was going to reply back joking that maybe they should wrap the top of the parking deck in brick too, to make you happy.

I’m not even joking though, I think that would really make the parking deck lump much easier to swallow if it wasn’t just straight-up concrete. They could even add some paint to the brick once installed!

4 Likes

At least this project is aesthetically interesting (minus that gosh ugly parking deck)

21 Likes

I assume screening/painting the deck will be the final step once all the important things are done but… goodness I can’t wait till the day comes hahaha

2 Likes

It’s okay, there will be more for you to watch in other projects.

1 Like

Whoops, posted in the wrong thread. :person_facepalming:

https://community.dtraleigh.com/t/the-weld-hammell-drive-mixed-use-lake-wheeler-road/3217/530?u=christopher

Rockway has a website now, and I don’t believe the name of the third phase has been revealed previously:

New renderings in addition to what has been posted already:

Also, Kane seems to be trying to add to the lexicon of Raleigh neighborhoods by branding the area between" between Lake Wheeler and Saunders as “The Park District.”

15 Likes

How about that paint job on the parking deck that sticks out?
AND we get more seafoam green!!

5 Likes

I’d prefer the Pork District but whatever :pig:

These are cool renderings, happy to see how much this area is getting transformed.

5 Likes

37 Likes

There are two signs up now!

27 Likes

That siding looks so cheap… :pouting_cat:

7 Likes

For some reason this garbage siding has become the go to for apartments. I cant stand it. I agree that it looks cheap. It’s awful!

3 Likes

That reason is money.
It’s still much better than vinyl siding you see often on tract-homes

5 Likes

I’m :100: in agreement with you regarding the developers trying to save money :moneybag:. Problem is renters perception, becomes their reality that your still going to charge an arm and leg to rent there :-1:t2:

3 Likes

Couple more render angles, love the street activation!!!

Good map of retail spaces:

Also LOL:

16 Likes