Rockway (formerly Park City South) - Saunders/Lake Wheeler Apartments and Retail

Maybe they should have painted as to just look like additional floors!

4 Likes

Oh FFS that’s horrible!
Why not paint it that Disney “blending blue” and call it a day?

2 Likes

I’m with you. I don’t hate it.

3 Likes

how boring - at least this adds something more than just a blob of seafoam like down the block

or maybe they could have made it look like a facade like Smoky Hollow did along Harrington St?

2 Likes

I am actually ok with that too. I think being open to different art is good. Just leaving it concrete ugly doesn’t help to lease those $7100 a month penthouse apartments. Nor do much for the overall vibe of the neighborhood.

1 Like

Don’t get me started with this parking deck. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

And there I was, thinking they were going to install glass the whole way up and potentially even paint the exterior anything other than “extra concrete” grey. This could still look SO MUCH better…

1 Like

but if they mimicked the storefront up that high at Rocky, you’d never know that it didn’t have glass.

2 levels parking below and partially below ground and 7 floors apartments above.

Looks like seafoam green accents?, but looks fine to me. :duck:

20 Likes

Omg poor @svp. Hasn’t she suffered enough?

2 Likes

NO NO Please tell me I am not to be surrounded by seafoam green. Hopefully that is just all that was available on the computer CAD system.

3 Likes

That sure looks like a Kane apartment building alright.

2 Likes

It’s neon green not seafoam green you plebs.

3 Likes

Big ole money box babyyy

1 Like

Maybe this goes somewhere else but appears the Kane project just south of “Rockway”, the apartment building at S Saunders and Lake Wheeler, has filed for site permits and somewhat confusingly updated the prior ASR to reflect the new improvement plan

4 Likes

The seafoam is labeled “Cementitious Panel Reveal System”. I don’t know what any of those words mean but sounds ominous.

4 Likes

If it’s like a gender reveal, I assume it involves explosions and something that causes the fire department to show up.

1 Like

Over/under on that “Pod C” future phase plot going any taller than 6-7 friggin’ stories?

Hmm, there will be three 20-story buildings across the street… maaaaaybe it will go up 40 floors so they can still have views of Dix Park?? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes