Show Off Things From Other Cities

It’s not that secret, but Greenville, SC has been on a list of great cities. I went down to Charlotte to drop my wife at the airport and had intentions of biking around Charlotte. After finding out that their greenways don’t really connect to each other, I went down to Greenville, SC with my friend who was with us. It’s not my first time to Greenville, SC but I will say that I am really happy with the changes that are happening there.

Note: For all images if you right click and then open the image in a new tab, you will see the full image. I made them 50% for easy readability.

This mixed use development is right in the middle of downtown. I really like the top canopies and is a design that I would really like to see at Smokey Hollow (or something at least on this level).

As mentioned the development was right downtown. Directly across is the Peace Center Performing Arts Center. They have the travelling Broadway shows. I’ve seen Anastasia and Aladdin at DPAC. The shows are top notch.

Of course you can’t go to Greenville and not visit Falls Park on the Reedy. I really liked being able to rent a bike ($25/half day for normal bike) right next to the greenway and also loved the fact that you could rent an e-bike ($55/half day). I opted for the normal bike and was able to pull a 26 mile ride. We rode to the southernmost tip of the greenway and then headed north to the town of Travelers Rest.

Due to time, I didn’t get to do much in Traveler’s Rest. I loved that they had a map right along the greenway. There were restaurants right off the trail which was also a great plus. Really impressive for a city of 5k people.

Again due to time, we didn’t get a chance to explore a whole lot else off the greenway. In Greenville, there was another park, called Unity Park, that is currently being developed. It already had some shops and a food hall along the greenway as well.

Overall it was a great trip and I can say I have intentions to explore this area quite a bit more. It’s been a favorite city of my friend who also went.

19 Likes