Show Off Things From Other Cities

Final trip: Denver

I’ll start the post off in response to my ending thoughts of the trip to San Diego (as far as transit goes). I will admit it was super convenient to take the train from the airport to downtown. It had 15 minute frequency and took 37 minutes to get downtown (plus a 6 minute walk to the hotel). It was free during the month of August, so I was able to save on a Lyft/Uber trip. I was also staying downtown near the train station which also contributed to the convenience.

There was a neat little alleyway which had some shops. In the adjacent buildings, there were other shops including what was similar to a food hall with restaurants. What set it apart from a regular food hall is that you could order at the table from any restaurant and they would bring it out to you.

Of course a river downtown always is a good advantage.

I was told that this development below (McGregor Square) used to be a parking lot. It is right next to Coors Field which I’m sure gets good business before and after the games.

The 16th Street Mall was under construction, but I still saw a bit of foot traffic. It was definitely less busy than closer to the ballpark.

The final photos help show how many people bike here. I ended up seeing Swedish House Mafia at Ball Arena. It was kind of nice to see a lot of people ended up biking to the arena. Of course being downtown helps, but I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen a lot of bikes near Red Hat or Crank Arm (which has a bike rack right in front). I bike a bit, but don’t normally see too many bikes parked around Raleigh. The one time I did see quite a bit of bikes was at Raleigh Brewing Company during an event (my post here).

The second photo was near the river park (Confluence Park) just outside an REI and Starbucks. The bottom 2 photos are just showing what kind of bike lanes they had.

It’s been a couple of years since I’ve been to Denver. My parents live out that way and don’t like going downtown. It was nice to be able to explore the area for a change.

25 Likes