Show Off Things From Other Cities

Last I heard they’re moving it the morning of Presidents’ Day. We oddly have that day as a holiday, so we’re planning to get some bagels or something and try to watch it in person. I’ve never seen one of these moves in person.

2 Likes

I’ve been having a blast taking virtual walking tours of the new ‘Grand Central Madison.’ It’s the long-delayed connection for commuters to take the Long Island Rail Road to Manhattan’s East Side. This is what $11B looks like…

8 Likes

Got some great shots down in Atlanta today

37 Likes

Great day for photos - its been miserable in these parts for a week.
Thanks for the share.

1 Like

Now that’s a skyline!

2 Likes

I was in Atlanta the last two weeks for work and even had dinner with @OakCityKarla who was also in Atlanta for business this week!

6 Likes

Ha, we should have a had a meet up!

The trail from Fenton to WakeMed Soccer Park. If you zoom in and squint you can see the stadium through the trees.

25 Likes

I saw it without squinting. I’ll credit my new glasses for that.

2 Likes

Always fun when a major city gets a new peak to their skyline - Our West Coast partner in oak-themed urbanity, Oakland, is on the cusp of building two towers taller than their current tallest building

10 Likes

lessons to learn?

1 Like

I was gonna put this in the Where in Raleigh? thread but it’s not Raleigh. Where in the Triangle is this?

1 Like

In a parking deck in Durham, near this place? :carousel_horse:

The second picture gave it away, because of the balcony… Ponysaurus Brewing Company :100:

1 Like

That’s Durham’s new police building parking deck :slight_smile:
Crane in the background is a dense development along main

No, it was taken from the balcony at that place. Where’d you even get that photo anyways? With no watermark, it could’ve been stolen from anywhere…

Yes that is correct! Sorry, I’ll do one of Raleigh tomorrow. This was all I got right now.

2 Likes

I get photos from the Internets. Sometimes a place called the book of faces.

2 Likes

Another American city getting a new tallest tower!

10 Likes

Meanwhile over in Durham they’re trying to one-up us with our newer Bloc83 parking deck directly against the old brick apartments. Poor Geer Street Garden is starting to look very out of place.

12 Likes