Sites 2 & 3, Omni CC Hotel + Tower

Tuesday’s City Council Meeting will approve $495,000 toward Omni Hotel/ Convention Center Plans .

25 Likes

Megan Patton + Christine Jones: “Hold my beer.”

2 Likes

They are annoying, I’ll go through Jane Harrison will probably back it

1 Like

New TBJ article on this project. Sounds like things are progressing!

Summary:
The City Council in Raleigh has approved plans to build a new luxury hotel near Downtown Raleigh to support the expansion of the Raleigh Convention Center. The city is prepared to commit up to $75 million towards public-serving elements of the hotel, pending approval from the state’s Local Government Commission. If the city is unable to keep its funding commitment, an agreement is in place to reimburse the hotel developer for pre-construction work. The hotel is projected to open in 2027 with a total development cost estimated at $314.1 million, making it the third Omni Hotel in North Carolina.

37 Likes

Omni will be a great addition to downtown Raleigh. They do day passes for the pool & bar at the Charlotte location. Will be awesome to have access to that amenity here in our downtown.

29 Likes

Site 3 Tower wishlist!!

1. Ground floor retail: micro-units and large grocery store

2. Office/Lab space: Innovation labs, scientific research…

3. Residential: minimal amount of condos, market rate and affordable apartments

All of these uses combined could allow this tower to be 40 stories or taller (if allowed).

19 Likes

Are those elements included in the article or a wish-list? I don’t have access to the article.

2 Likes

I’m sorry for the confusion, I meant to mention it was my wishlist. My phone was about to die when I posted this.

4 Likes

According to someone on LinkedIn there was another “announcement”, most likely in-house, last week of the new Omni being built as part of the CC expansion. :hatched_chick:

6 Likes

I think we knew that right?

Seeing some sort of crew at the Omni site today. Looked like some sort of electrical stuff. Was on a run and didn’t have my phone on me, so wasn’t able to snag a picture.

9 Likes

Walked by and took a picture. The guy in the orange blurred spot was upset and told me I did not have permission to record him (even though he is in a public space) so I went ahead and blurred him. The company name was GeoTechnologies Drilling, Inc.

14 Likes

You didn’t take that opportunity to ask him what the #%$@#% he’s doing there?
:rofl:

6 Likes

I would have if his first interaction with me wasn’t, “I don’t give you permission to record me.” Generally speaking, those types of people aren’t the ones I like ongoing interactions with. Had an experience at a Del Taco in South Carolina where someone called the police on me and my friends for having a camera on the table (it wasn’t even on).

7 Likes

He’s gonna be real upset when he finds out about security cameras…LOL

3 Likes

Here is from their website:

6 Likes

And grumpy employees.

Yep, it is going to be loud!

This tower project and Downtown South Project are in the permit stages currently. The Music Venue Project is in permitting.

21 Likes