Sites 2 & 3, Omni CC Hotel + Tower

If you’re thinking “rooftop” pool like they are commonly found in Miami ultra-luxury condos
1100 Millecento
(They are usually rather small and the engineering challenges make them extremely pricey)

Putting a pool above the parking deck is the most efficient way to elevate a pool and still allow a large pool facility.

9 Likes

Let us have our dreams of big city life!
Lol

1 Like

The true rooftop pools I have seen in Charlotte in apartment or hotel towers are more akin to super sized rectangular hot tubs without the jets. They are usually very shallow. Actually this proposed pool deck atop probably the parking garage as someone mention looks great. It is still elevated and it is the top of the roof that wing of the building.

3 Likes

This is the typical Miami model where the recreation deck is atop the pedestal parking deck. It’s a bit lipstick on the pig, but it’s better than a pig without the lipstick.

4 Likes

To a large degree the pool on top of a parking deck is a structural decision. Pools are heavy and decks can be constructed to support very large dead loads. Plus no pool size or depth constraints and plenty of sunny deck options for the surrounds.

Putting a pool on a building rooftop, like Skyhouse, limits both its depth and size. Plus there’s always a leak concern even if just tenant imaginations.

Personally I wish all parking deck top levels, whether public or private, were required to be open space improved with park amenities (dog parks, green space, etc). No one wants to park there anyway and they are a blight on the accompanying tower’s viewshed foreground.

8 Likes

I don’t wear lipstick. What are you saying?
:pleading_face:

LOL. That 100% qualifies as a “rooftop pool”.

3 Likes

I want to see this hotel :hotel: built very soon.

10 Likes

We should see some groundbreaking ceremony very soon, I should think. Especially since the hotel is supposed to open in 2027. Financing is already secured. Not sure if I am sharing anything you didn’t already know. This will be a wonderful development and will help to inject some additional life into Fayetteville St… Can’t wait!

17 Likes

Unfortunately in commercial real estate, 50BP’s won’t move the needle. We need cuts around 25bps incrementally, when they do major cuts as such then it’s not good news. I still think they need to secure construction financing with will be the hardest part.

2 Likes

Could help this hotel, It paywalled though.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2024/10/08/raleigh-office-living-entertainment-space-cushman.html

If we’re still talking about the Omni it has already secured financing to begin building.

11 Likes