Sites 2 & 3, Omni CC Hotel + Tower

You didn’t have to assassinate the dream, jeez :man_facepalming:t4:Smh

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: City Gateway Project

I’m loving all of this but hope the developers keep the Performing Art Center visible from Fayetteville St. I love seeing the Capital on one end and the center on the other. Hopeful they attempt this view but assume the developers will use every square inch of land.

14 Likes

I agree, but no worries, think the city plans to extend Fayetteville street to South St so will keep the Capital to Memorial Auditorium bookend view.

8 Likes

I didn’t see the extension, that’s awesome! Thanks

1 Like

This project just supports my desire for a renovated and expanded Memorial Auditorium.

3 Likes

I’m sure First Night would stay and Bluegrass, they probably use the top of these towers they own to use Fireworks

I thought that fireworks have already moved back out to the State Fairgrounds?

2 Likes

He should along Capital. But I would gander he’s probably opposed to dense transit-oriented development there too.

Fourth of July, yes. But, for First Night Raleigh, they’re launched from the parking lot which is now being considered for development.

The ordinances in place are rather particular about the setbacks from the crowds, and about how many grams of gunpowder can be used in an urban-type display. And, I thought I read that fire code prohibits a launch from a building.

The whole point is that they’ve been designing the display to be framed by the view down Fayetteville Street. What’s going to left will be pretty underwhelming.

Let’s not let one fireworks display a year keep us from developing these parking lots into what could be signature Raleigh towers.

I’m sure there are other parking lots in the cities to launch them from.

6 Likes

Trust me, I’m not being a Debbie Downer. Things change, and I believe that we need those pads developed more so than having a fireworks canyon once a year.

3 Likes

My cats strenuously support any development that moves the fireworks to somewhere else :joy:

6 Likes

We can just use drones instead of fireworks

5 Likes

Well, fireworks are not particularly carbon neutral. Maybe they go for something a little more futuristic with light projection.

(‘‘Tis a Pity that effort was wasted on a failing phone OS. Oh, well,)

But, a firework drone cloud would be cool as well…

5 Likes

God that 1-story McDonald’s going to be in a really awkward position being across the street from a 40-story behemoth.

10 Likes

Has anyone thought about the views from McDonald’s that will be blocked?!
:grin:

But wouldn’t it be a shame if suddenly that McDonald’s went away?

11 Likes

But, the McDonald’s will be in shadows half of the day. We can’t have that.

7 Likes

Why won’t anyone think of the chicken nuggets!

13 Likes

Unfortunately, all the building around it will probably make it incredibly busy and profitable, thus it will be around for a loooong time.

1 Like