Sites 2 & 3, Omni CC Hotel + Tower

Personally, it would be pretty awesome to see some of the $30 mil go to hire a star architect to design something truly note worthy and iconic for one or both of these blocks. Anything but a utilitarian rectangles!!

3 Likes

Again op top of buildings too.

There you go @RobertSanderlin. A little breathing room.

2 Likes

Wrong thread for this.

2 Likes

These should help visualize what Fayetteville could look like transformed with these two towers.

23 Likes

These two are super cool. You might want to click to zoom in as they are higher rez than the others.

20 Likes

You should share that first one with the horde of angry old pearl clutchers who are commenting online about how this will ruin downtown and the look of Fayetteville St. It actually strengthens it. Thanks for sharing. I’m geeking out about all of these pictures tonight.

10 Likes

God people really find a way to complain about everything!

4 Likes

If something massive goes here, the Marriott and Charter Square 1 are going to look minuscule, sandwiched in there.

2 Likes

Stop Complaining we voted big city people into the council be grateful. All big cities have some nimmbles minced small skyscrapers in between.

10 Likes

Well, that escalated quickly

• Ron Burgundy
2 Likes

If you have a new tower, and there is generally new construction across the street that’s short, it only insures your view corridor for a longer period of time. I see it as a win.

3 Likes

It was more of a general observation than anything. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Marriott and Charter Square? What about the one story McDonald’s? That’s going to look terrible

That already looks terrible. Can the city put in minimum height restrictions in the zoning? That property needs it so in 10 years when the next remodel comes around, the city can say “nope, not tall enough for the zoning.”

3 Likes

Aren’t they redoing that McD’s now? Seems like they could go for at least a 6-7 story building with a McD’s at the bottom and apartments on top.

1 Like

They want a drive thru

1 Like

I’m no architect, but I’ve got a solution!!!

7 Likes

Ugh. Drive throughs. I’m not into policing such things, but I’d break my own rule to get rid of them.

1 Like

they may have to turn the golden arches upside down to look like they are trying to keep the tall kids from stepping on them. :grin:

1 Like