Soil Testing next to Firestone

Saw a drill next to the Firestone last week in what appeared to be soil testing. Anybody heard anything about the Firestone block recently?

which side of Firestone ?

What type of drill rig?? Could be soil/groundwater sampling for due diligence (small probe rig) or geotechnical drilling (larger rig) for structural design. #GeologyRocks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ditto this. Whiskey Kitchen had to dig out tons of contaminated dirt under their patio. There could have been a plume someone else gets to deal with now…

1 Like

That hilltop corner would make for a prominent 20 story mixed use tower.

3 Likes

Evan, you are too funny…20 stories…Lol :wink::blush:

SkyHouse II perhaps??? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That would be maximizing the zoning, and that is a hilltop :slight_smile: I’m not in the “Raleigh must look like Manhattan” camp, but I would like a wider skyline and activation of that corner

2 Likes

The parking lot to the left of the Firestone shop

1 Like

Sounds like I might have to investigate this… and pop in to Crank Arm while I’m in the neighborhood

2 Likes

Oh duh…you guys mean the actual Firestone! I was referring to the Whiskey Kitchen site which historically was a Firestone Tire shop :neutral_face:
Yes, activate that corner in an urban manner.

Maybe something happens here? If so, here’s what it used to look like:

7 Likes

This block is begging for redevelopment

Truly, and these photos really emphasize the opportunity.

Indeed. That south west corner is ideally suited for a signature building.

with development around train/bus stations, will be a gap of low use land that should attract development. May depend on city upping the zoning first.

1 Like

Somebody do something (SDS)

1 Like

Bulldoze everything and make it a gravel lot!

5 Likes