South Street area Condos and Townhomes

Nice cantilever loll

2 Likes

I drove by the other day and noticed that it’s pretty symmetrical and has what looks like two garage openings on the bottom. I wonder if this will be a duplex?

6 Likes

Yep!

9 Likes

Thanks @mike. I am glad to know this is a duplex and not a strange single family house. LOL.

1 Like

I’m old enough to remember when having 2 individual/single garage doors was seen as sort of a prestige thing on a suburban house. You don’t see it much anymore because the garage has to be larger to make them both fit.

3 Likes

14 posts were split to a new topic: Heritage Park Development

Never have they been here so early or been so darn noisy. Not only do they work on Thanksgiving Day, but they also start at 6:30 am. Rude I say, just rude.

7 Likes

Probably early since they didn’t get stuck in traffic :rofl:

4 Likes

My neighbor went over and gave them “a good talkin’ to.” Seriously. They were surprised to find out no overtime or holiday pay. So. I now feel really bad for complaining.

6 Likes

Perhaps we can have some sympathy for the poor workers who have to work on (perhaps) the nation’s most inclusive holiday?

17 Likes

Plenty of people still out here hustlin’ Turkey or Not… :smile:

1 Like

Building #2 coming along now with the brick work.

21 Likes

Check out the progress on Building #1 City View TH

27 Likes

We just walked by there last night and were amazed how these have come along. It had gotten dark, so we didn’t take any pics. Nice to see in the daylight :wink:

2 Likes

Can we get a couple of multi-family versions of this… :pray:t4: We need that kind of density in this area, not more single family housing.

3 Likes

I gotta say that I appreciate that the brick isn’t red or brown.

7 Likes

Some movement on 601 W South St…

22 Likes

It’s zoned 3-story mixed use. Given that, for-sale townhouses are by far the most marketable way to divide up that buildable square footage… townhouse buyers are willing to pay a lot more than apartment renters, and a condo only makes sense if it’s a bigger building. Now that the TOD overlay is law, it could’ve been 5-story multifamily (and rental/condo might’ve made sense), but that wasn’t in the cards then.

Re: the brick color, NC red clay results in red/orange/brown bricks. Just as it’s tough to dye dark hair to a lighter color, it’s tough to make red bricks into white. So the bricks on this project are red, but dusted with white on the outside.

9 Likes

City View Townhouses are rocking and rolling with activity today.

33 Likes

This Lenoir Street duplex is coming along. Because it is beside three story townhomes on one side, it seems to fit in fairly well. Kudos to the developer for maximizing this parcel.

26 Likes