State Government Employment Downtown

Those horrible Republicans. :roll_eyes:

I’m not smitten with our state dems either but at least they didn’t screw the whole state over with HB2 just to pander to a small group of loons.

10 Likes

Not a conspiracy at all. After moves like this its easier to chip away at funding and services without anyone noticing. There is a ton of paid for land on Blue Ridge Rd but they are choosing to move it out there. Its possible the owner of this office park is a big donor but I am not sure. Both possibilities are worth keeping an eye on.

1 Like

What are the realistic chances that this actual happens? I’m finding it hard to take it too seriously.

1 Like

I’d say it is just as realistic as the DMV moving to Rocky Mount, and as likely to be stopped as it is for the Democrats to win both houses of the legislature.

1 Like

Yeah I would love to know what the supposed time line for this is.

1 Like

CBC opinion editorial posted on WRAL agrees moving the DHHS to Sampson County isn’t the smartest decision.
“Simply declaring that an agency be moved – without any significant impact study or public discussion – is foolishly impulsive. Why would any responsible legislator vote a budget that includes this?”

I also didn’t know this is mainly driven by one Senator Brent Jackson with this level-headed response.
““I just want to get it out of Raleigh,” Jackson told reporters.”

4 Likes

I looked up this guy. The irony is that he isn’t even proposing for it to be moved to moved to his own district!

I have always had the impression that most of the people in the General Assembly don’t like driving to Raleigh…bad traffic?

It has nothing to do with traffic. This is just the redneck GOP members who want to ‘stick it to Raleigh’ which shows how unintelligent many of them are. How exactly does hurting the State Capitol’s economy help the State. They’ve basically view their rural world through some distorted prism that Cities are ‘bad’. I have never seen this sort of behavior from our legislature in my entire life of 45+ years. I’ve never even heard of other states legislatures acting in this manner…but as HB2 shows you, our legislature has no problem with being the dumbest of the dumb! Makn’ Merika Great…i suppose

8 Likes

Dude has an interesting and informative website.

http://www.brentjacksonforsenate.com

The historical reference to “Raleigh” means that they are “Raleigh”. Going to Raleigh meant having to deal with their BS. But yeah they do hate having to come into any City. They only eat at Big Eds, Clyde Coopers and 42nd Street. Nowhere else. They used to go to Mecca but its too City for them now.