Surveys on surveys on surveys

BRT: Equitable Development Around Transit

Raleigh and Wake County are planning a future with greater freedom and choice of mobility than ever before, with bus rapid transit (BRT) lines extending from downtown in each direction. BRT works by using several tools to speed buses, including providing them with their own travel lanes, giving them priority at traffic signals, and by running buses much more frequently.

Maximizing the benefit of BRT also means thinking about the areas near stations. This quick survey asks a few basic questions about this topic.

2 Likes

I know that I filled out the survey and mentioned a multi-screen urban cinema at every chance in the survey.

3 Likes

Neuse River Blueway Plan Survey

The Neuse River Blueway Plan will be a holistic vision for riparian conservation and water-based recreation, which will inspire residents and visitors of the Triangle to get outdoors, reconnect with Raleigh’s largest river and explore everything that the Neuse has to offer.

2 Likes

I got this survey request via email:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VKKHV2Z

I thought that I would share… :smiley:

5 Likes

Done! Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Bus Rapid Transit Survey

Raleigh BRT: New Bern Avenue

The City of Raleigh is conducting a survey to gather feedback on conceptual design for Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) along New Bern Avenue.

The survey should only take about 5 minutes to complete. Your feedback will play a critical role in refining the station locations and BRT design.

The survey can be completed anonymously. Click here to take the survey!

3 Likes

Damn, you beat me too it…

1 Like

And another…

transportation banner\ 646x108

Bus Rapid Transit Survey

There’s still time to let your voice be heard!

bus rapid transit bus\ 189x142

Raleigh BRT: New Bern Avenue

The City of Raleigh is conducting a survey to gather feedback on conceptual design for Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) along New Bern Avenue.

The survey should only take about 5 minutes to complete. Your feedback will play a critical role in refining the station locations and BRT design.

The survey can be completed anonymously. Click here to take the survey!

The survey closes on Tuesday, July 23.

2 Likes

And here’s one for the NC Gas Tax crisis, headed by soon to be former Raleigh Mayor Nancy McFarland:

…Link appears broken

@DMark

5 Likes

The Western Blvd. BRT Corridor kickoff meeting is Sept 5th (see more below). If you are unable to attend, there’s a survey you can fill out.

4 Likes

Infill Development

Noun:

The construction of new housing in existing neighborhoods; also the topic of Raleigh City Planning’s newest survey.

The City of Raleigh is reviewing community expectations for how residential infill development occurs as Raleigh grows and welcomes new residents.

Have thoughts about infill development? We would like to hear them! You can take the survey here:

http://publicinput.com/infill

Through September 30.

2 Likes

Wow. This survey certainly leans in the ’ I’m resistant to change’ direction.
I had to resort to the comments for most of my ‘important’ aspects…

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I did, and I used the survey comments to blast them on “leading the witness”.

4 Likes

Found this one on Twitter:

The City of Raleigh is applying for Bicycle Friendly Community status.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/adv_BFC_FA19

1 Like

Attended a Home Builders Association meeting/discussion today on Raleigh infill development regulations, and the common consensus was astounding. Builders and developers overwhelmingly agree that Raleigh is the most anti-growth, overly regulated municipality in the Triangle with the most convoluted permitting process that adds thousands of unnecessary dollars to each and every infill development. Rules are becoming increasingly anti-growth under this council as you can imagine.

An example. There is a UDO text change in the board of adjustments right now proposing that minimum lot sizes within a new infill subdivision (increasing density within an existing neighborhood) are subject to avg. lot sizes surrounding the subdivision, not the by-right minimum lot size dictated by the parcel’s zoning

The biggest concern was regarding maximum height. In R-10 zoning, it supposedly used to be across the board up to 40 ft. or 3 floors from the street facing side of the structure to the top of the roof. Now there is an “average of the averages” building height rule that creates inconsistencies within neighborhoods and makes some lots financially impossible to redevelop. The rule now looks at the height of all 4 walls from grade to peak of roof.

An example of this from 5-points: A streetscape slopes from left side of street to right. A house on right side is torn down and rebuilt with a daylight basement. Because the walk-out basement wall is much higher than the street facing side of the home, it brings the avg. height of house over the limit and forces the builder/homeowner to eliminate a floor. Now the house on the left side of the street (higher elevation) towers over the new home on right side. Plus this forces builders to eliminate 2nd floors or modify roof lines to meet requirements, and make the whole project financially unfeasible.

There is an active survey that is intended to capture the attitude of the city regarding infill development. We need to flood this survey with pro-density responses. Have at it DTR-COMM!

https://publicinput.com/4870

4 Likes

Capital Boulevard North Community Assets Survey

Man, that Capital Boully redux between 540 and the Beltline is going to require some heavy lifting and a more progressive attitude around human scale interactions than any survey will ever foster. Maybe BRT will be the catalyst to re-envision the corridor but planning would have to be very aggressive around building the infrastructure around moving the buses / people places to the median and influencing redevelopment of the centers out that way around the stops.

2 Likes

Downtown Raleigh Pedestrian Safety Study

The North Carolina Department of Transportation, City of Raleigh, and other state agencies are partnering to identify opportunities for improving pedestrian safety in Downtown Raleigh. The study area extends from Hargett Street to Peace Street, from Bloodworth Street to Dawson Street, and it focuses on the State Government Complex (see link below).

The project team has developed this short online survey to ask about your experience with pedestrian safety in the study area. All survey responses will be treated anonymously. Thank you for participating in the survey; your feedback is important to the planning process. For more ways to get involved, please visit the project website at DowntownRaleighPedSafety.com

Study Area Map: http://downtownraleighpedsafety.com/img/downtownraleighpedsafety-studyarea.jpg

5 Likes