Temporary COVID-19 Thread

I’m still waiting on them to get tomato seedlings. Went last weekend and nothing. Any idea on when they start to be available? Trying get my own Victory Garden growing…

3 Likes

Do it! I didn’t walk down that way to the plant section but looked like they were starting to get stuff.

I’ve got the garden going already. Cucumbers, zucchini, beans, lettuce, arugula, beets, and sweet peas have all already sprouted from just putting seeds in the ground. I started tomatoes and various hot peppers from seeds inside, it’s pretty easy actually if you get a pack.

1 Like

Two weeks or so, I wager…
Just feels early 'cause we had no winter this year.

1 Like

Awesome! I usually do seeds for everything except the peppers and tomatoes. I’ve had great luck with the farmer’s market ones, plus it’s extra easy. Gotta start thinking what seeds to buy tho too.

(Could’ve put this in the “where is it” pictures thread, but it’s not downtown.)
Have to be socially distant while waiting in line to get into the socially distanced Whole Foods. So lonely…

3 Likes

Driving to Rocky Mount on Saturday to check in on my Mom, Had bought two cases of bottled water for her, and going to stock pile with food for her, as much as she wants. Been trying to get her to move to Raleigh, or even Greensboro to be near my Uncles and other family there, BUT she wont budge, at first. Now, she is thinking real hard about moving to Greensboro. will be a much sigh of relief for me. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Good luck @maverick333. My parents are 82 and 83 and moved into The Cypress last year thank goodness! They seem to be taking this seriously. This has nothing to do with Downtown but who cares?

6 Likes

Around here, figure mid April to plant the summer crops like tomatoes that will get zapped by frost.

But it’s like summer out now! (I get tricked by this every year)

Easy to remember @GucciLittlePig. Average last freeze is tax day (in a normal year) here.

Thankfully we have this community. It’s currently my only muse. :computer:

2 Likes

Read the Governor’s list of what’s essential. The malls may as well just shut down.

Phew (giant exhale).

He’s new here…

Just got back from Rocky Mount, my Mom is doing well. at 79 she is so full of energy. But DAMN, it is a Ghost town there, almost no life there unless you go to the shopping areas and Mall. A sigh of relief for me that she is Okay.

11 Likes

Thank You, R -Dub, and Bless your parents, will pray that they make it through this ordeal. :pray:

I was at the rally today and I feel that WRAL’s categorization of “hundreds” of protesters is a bit disingenuous - I thought when we marched there were over a thousand.

I don’t do FB so I’m asking if anyone has access to some photos that can be shared that might put the “hundreds” into perspective.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Can you speak to your (group’s) position on economic cost versus public safety as far as these protests? I truly would like to be understand the science aspect of opening things back up. I understand the pain of job / revenue and even social isolation loss…

5 Likes

I’m not a part of any group - I am looking for photos that depict the actual crowd size.

2 Likes

WRAL just sent out a push notification saying that it was near or at 1,000.

3 Likes