The Acorn Apartments / Marriott TownePlace Suites / 415 S. Blount Street

This is probably something they should really look in to. I know the indoor bike parking at red hat and the Lincoln are both way over capacity.

3 Likes

That’s disappointing to hear. Obviously the car still reigns supreme. That said, bike parking might be possible at the head of every garage parking space. That’s where many of my neighbors put their bikes. Of course, this isn’t an option for those who either don’t have a car, and/or don’t have a parking space.

2 Likes

An old update, and a new one:

• The plan was approved back in March.
  • They have been applying for lots of permits recently. I count 10 in July and August, with the most recent (application to recombine the lots) only 4 days ago.

Based on this it looks like they are moving right along with the plan basically unchanged from what we saw in December:

Any educated guesses on when this breaks ground?

15 Likes

Keep keeping an eye on it — that’s the best thing you can do as a neighbor…

The Acorn on Person Street Marriott TownePlace Suites News Release.pdf (443.6 KB)

It looks like they’ll be breaking ground an about a month.

12 Likes

Well there you go! Love the confidence in the hospitality industry!

Guess I need to get over here to grab some aerials before the process starts. Thanks for the heads up, @Jello212!!!

6 Likes

Hold on a second. This was supposed to be apartments according to the ASR less than a year ago.

So now it’s a hotel?

1 Like

The write up says 107 units and 138 hotel rooms so I guess it’s both? Interesting

It sounds like the apartments will go up first on the east side of the property. The hotel will break ground on the west side next summer.

11 Likes

I think this is a win-win; two buildings instead of one giant, long one - and two uses, hotel AND residential. My ONLY complaint is the lack of height so close to the CBD main street (Fayetteville) but that was never even considered on this lot, so I won’t complain as much - just happy to see something moving forward. Also hoping/assuming that if the Hotel is going on the west side, that cell phone tower will FINALLY be relocated.

10 Likes

Nice! East DTR is really neglected and full of empty lots and empty or rented houses.

William Realty also the company working on Smoky Hollow III?

3 Likes

Re cell tower - that was the first thing my wife said

Also, Jake, I may have accidentally flagged your post. I promise it was an accident.

That’s great news, rendering looks good too.

25 Likes

Simple, but clean. I like the proposed accent artwork on the corner.

4 Likes

regarding the “lack of height” I/we always complain about - I’m willing to bet they will propose to go higher for the hotel on the west side of this lot - A: it seems like they aren’t leaving as much space on the west side as this residential Phase 1 will take up, so I’d imagine they may have to go taller there to maximize the space and get the most ROI, and B: it would fit in line with the “taper down” from the CBD (if they go from, say 10-15 stories for hotel, to the 7-story apartment building.

3 Likes

The hotel, located on the western portion of the property, will be an urban format, upscale MarriottTownePlace Suites offering 138 guest suites in a 7-story configuration.

Not clear if that’s on top of 3 levels of parking or if the parking is just under the residential building.

1 Like

The description in the pdf made it sound like parking is just under the apartment portion.

1 Like

Is this just the residential portion? Where will the hotel go?

1 Like

Going off only visual speculation from the rendering, I believe just east of the row of trees that briefly enters the property. If you look at the satellite images and compare them to the rendering it appears the apartments end roughly around this area, giving just enough room left on the east side.

Edit: the satellite screen images would not upload, I could only get this google maps image.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Continuing to build the connection between Fayetteville St. and the little retail node around Transfer Co. is all good news in making downtown feel bigger.

12 Likes