The Acorn Apartments / Marriott TownePlace Suites / 415 S. Blount Street

Unfortunately this does not mean that the sidewalks facing Davie will be fixed. It’s so narrow and filled with dog poop. I hope the city eventually updates Davie Street from the train station to at least Transfer Company Food Hall. There’s a lot more pedestrian traffic since TCFH opened and I have to walk on the road almost always to avoid other pedestrians (covid distancing).

2 Likes

I hope the hotel portion looks similar to the new Towneplace hotel in Nashville (3rd largest hotel for the brand)

5 Likes

There are living walls, finally, the end of climate change, woohoo!

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2021/11/01/raleigh-developers-plan-apartment-hotel-downtown.html

1 Like

Keep your eyes on this site, folks; it should be breaking ground any time now. The hotel is slated to begin next summer.

Nothing really new here but Raleigh Magazine covered it as well:

23 Likes

Excited for this, it’s the perfect size for that parcel. I think they were talking about townhomes not too far back, very glad that didn’t happen!

3 Likes

New fencing, trailer, dumpster and excavator.
Workers on site getting everything staged to begin immediately after Christmas.

29 Likes

Some equipment present now

21 Likes

Work has started.

25 Likes

Dammit! I took these pics last weekend and forgot to share! :man_facepalming:t3:

16 Likes

Mitch, if you don’t mind me asking, where do you live?

Walking around the site, I might have initially underestimated the psychological impact this is going to have on the size of downtown. It’s going to extend it almost a full block south and east and make Founders Row feel like a part of it (like NYC brownstone rows) instead of a wall.

Something tells me this sea of underused space will look very different in a decade

29 Likes

I live close to this site. Corner of Person St and Lenoir St.

3 Likes

I really hope so. I love to see something at least 15 stories on this side of town.

7 Likes

Cool. I live in Founders Row.

2 Likes

32 Likes

This morning. Loud and busy.

17 Likes

The more I drive by this site, I’m almost certain they will need a stationary tower crane. There doesn’t appear to be enough room for a mobile crane, especially in the summer once the Hotel portion begins.

2 Likes

Yeah I would imagine they’ll install a boom crane right in the center of the site, build out the apt building on one half, then when finished, swing the boom 180 degrees and build the hotel on the other half - they’ll need a boom especially for the hotel, given that’s supposed to be 7 stories (if I’m not mistaken)

3 Likes

25 Likes