The Madison/603 Glenwood

Great idea. The residents kind of make a sitting area out of the parking lot out front. Save the trees that are there and rip up the asphalt.

8 Likes

I love the idea of a park there, but I think the emergency services that frequent that building would have a much different opinion.

4 Likes

Great point. They’d probably have to make a new “main entrance” on what is the side now.

1 Like

The Creamery Tower’s happily fast timeline got me thinking, is there any timing around this one besides “next year”? It’s a great looking project.

3 Likes

Anyone know the interim steps to know this is happening? It should be an incredible project for Glenwood, and in its potential transition from NC State kids and those laughingly slumming it to a legit party strip for all ages.

15 Likes

Also some cool renders of the Seaboard project, the Iron Works first apartment building, and one of the forthcoming North Hills West buildings that I hadn’t seen before! Thanks for sharing this

3 Likes

Anyone have any update on this project? I know originally when announced the plan was to break ground this year.

3 Likes

A bar was issued an “Hospitality District Entertainment Permit” that expires on 01/01/2999 for that location.

Wow, I’ll be almost as old as Dylan and John and PBeez by then…

That’s it! You are out of the will.

3 Likes

I will still our run you whippersnappers, even with this walker.

2 Likes

Maybe I can be uploaded to a robot body and attend the permit termination party. :rofl: :robot:

1 Like

I’m thinking we won’t see this one for a while. Looks like Cornerstone has recently added a ton of LED color lighting around the property and a few other upgrades. Feel like you don’t make these upgrades knowing you have an impending doom anytime soon.

1 Like

They close their doors for good on Dec 31st. This is coming from an employee that I spoke with who has worked there for years. That info was from about a month ago. Hopefully that has not changed :crossed_fingers:

I also noticed “The Village” bar right across the street looks like it has closed down as well. Which was owned by the Cornerstone owner(s). Any one have any clue if those three properties have been bought?

6 Likes

The Village was constructed without permits and finally got called out and shut down. Not sure if they’re looking to reopen?

3 Likes

They had a building code violation a month or so back. Might still be the same issue.

2 Likes

I think he also owned the space that Work was in on F St. They just closed as well. It seems like something is going on.

1 Like

Starting to get worried about this one. Was supposed to start last year and drove by Cornerstone this weekend and looked to be still open.

Anyone heard anything?

1 Like

I have not, and I share your concern. This was supposed to have office in a bunch of it, right?