The Metropolitan Apartments / Quorum Center

Unfortunately, I don’t think that the HOA can do anything about it because it’s not something that’s owned by the association. I’ll have to look into what’s really going on with that space. Stay tuned.

Cool. I’m curious. It has to be one of two things…an ownable unit with an address, or common space attached to the common address.

So nice to see lights at the Quorum Center! Hope the residents are home soon?

9 Likes

It’s looking like April.

3 Likes

Saw this article on a Reddit post questioning the “luxury” designation for every new apartment building here in Raleigh.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-02-13/why-america-s-new-apartment-buildings-all-look-the-same

3 Likes

Corner of Harrington and Jones

02/2019

02/2017 (just before the fire)

9 Likes

It’s just a hashtag to warn you that its stupid expensive. The brokerages on Wall Street need their money yo.

2 Likes

A stick build apartment under construction in Iowa City just burned down. Remind you of something?

5 Likes

You would think it would start to get harder to get insurance for these buildings during this phase of construction.

5 Likes

And if the contractor elects to walk, the bond costs for that contractor could go up too. In a high cost environment, they might not be able to get materials at the same price as a year earlier.

The lighting that illuminates “Metropolitan” and the banister below is beyond trashy. Was the city’s approval required for this hideous design element?

The whole place is trashy. Several folks here seem to like this one, but all I see is minimal effort and a few blingy items. Just another asset in an REIT portfolio, the needs or concerns of the host city be damned.

3 Likes

Almost done on the repairs.

15 Likes

Just went by there Monday night and was so happy it’s finally looking done on the outside. Inside is a different story. Also, I don’t really love the Metropolitan apartments but it’s so much nicer than what was there before. This whole area is really coming together from being a forgotten wasteland to some type of activated uses.

2 Likes

@rgmedd, any update on your move in timeframe?

it’s about damn time!

That Quorum Center was really done right. The parking deck is wrapped in the same brick as the tower, and then topped with a couple levels of office space, and then a green walking roof on top of that.

5 Likes

So excited to finally get back in. Our move in date is currently June.

11 Likes

Yes, they built it with knock out panels facing Harrington and extra high floors on the ground level to allow for eventual addition of retail spaces. I am thinking that the time may be coming soon for this to happen. It has been a rocky road since the fire but I am super glad this building has been repaired rather than demolished (which I think I heard was actually on the table at some point.) It’s always been a nice one IMO.

1 Like

It is a nice building. If I were a rich man I’d buy that $1.4m penthouse unit.