The Weld, Hammell Drive Mixed-Use, Lake Wheeler Road

Saw these renderings floating around LinkedIn this morning and wanted to share. Don’t think I’ve seen them anywhere before. Clancy & Theys are soliciting bids for some of the new towers around Dix park.

20 Likes

Great find. here’s a bit more for people’s viewing pleasure :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Yeah I was trying to figure out the best way to encompass their post. Either just the pictures or pictures and all the details. I thought everyone would have just wanted the renderings lol

3 Likes

I think this is bidding for the known ASR-0045-2022 project since the towers for these projects are labeled building A and B already.

17 Likes

This project is well underway. Pretty amazing.
My buddy saw an RFP come through his company for this project

7 Likes

Kinda a shame they look pretty much like the same building but with different color schemes lmao… wouldn’t be a big deal were they not planned to be literally right next to each other :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

If they keep announcing more on the south side, does that mean we can change our downtown’s name to uptown? :rofl: :face_vomiting: :poop:

1 Like

I think North Hills area will have to be uptown. Downtown can be midtown. And this can be downtown. And then Downtown South will make sense.

2 Likes

I’ve actually heard some folks call 27615 uptown since it’s immediately north of 27609 (midtown)

Does that mean that I now live in Uptown? HAHA

1 Like
4 Likes

Hell yeah! But also Raleigh is going to have an abundance of 20 story buildings. Wish zoning was set up differently so we’d see some height variation.

1 Like

At least they all won’t be hampered by the 250 ft height limit anymore.

2 Likes

Construction signs placed at either end of Hammell Dr indicate the road will be closed starting April 10. This site is very active.

12 Likes

Check out this YouTube video that shows the site of these two (??) potential towers on Hammell Drive. It shows part of the construction at Dix Park and some of Park City South. I’d recommend subscribing to his YT channel as he regularly posts videos of DTR development projects.

Dix Park | 4/15/23 - YouTube

Also, I wonder when these buildings on Hammell Drive will start construction. Does anybody know?

7 Likes

Indeed. The one of Gateway that pans back to Cap_Square is also good perspective for current events.

2 Likes

Anyone know what the plan is for Curfman Street, if any? Looks like the plans show the buildings bisected by Curfman but it’s not clear from the plans whether that will link up with Curfman Street west of the project

Doesn’t connect thru. And also doesn’t even align unless that’s been changed?

It looks like grading has begun on this site as of this morning. Construction crews are on site and they have begun flattening the slope and creating a pad for construction.

23 Likes

This one is really going to alter the skyline in an interesting way. It’s far enough away from the core group of 10+ story buildings that it’s going to shift the visual boundary of DT

22 Likes