Treasuring Chris Church Rezoning - 554 East Hargett St (Abode at Hargett)

Oh Yea, VW Beetle game from HS days. :rofl: If I recall our record was 10 :canned_food:

2 Likes

So, how big are your cars, or how small is that garage? !!!

One is a Hummer stretch limo and the other is a tank. I don’t know why the builder didn’t anticipate this.

5 Likes

Does the tank have a Z on it? Did you buy it second hand from a Ukrainian grandma who stole it?

2 Likes

Yeah, they towed it here with a tractor!
:tractor:

In all seriousness tho, we have a Genesis G80 sedan and the newer model Toyota Camry. The garage is whatever the exact legal minimum size is, and I think it can fit the Camry if we had literally nothing else in the garage. Of course then our grill and trash/recycling bins would be left out, and that’s an HOA violation
 Gotta love new construction suburbs.

4 Likes

Just happened to walk by and catch this. Seems unnecessary as they are only building SFHs.

1 Like

Stupidity at its finest. I digress.

2 Likes

Tree was probably 100 years old, at least. Shame.

1 Like

Saw a couple walking by this today, they were with what a gathered to be an out of town guest. Lamenting about the tree and the nice church,playground and house that used to be there and how it was being replaced with high rises.

I bit my tongue.

4 Likes

Oh how I wish that were the case :rofl:

are there instances in other cities of minimum density for new development? seems like such a waste so close to downtown, especially to lose such a beautiful tree for such low density.

That sucks, but they probably had to do it. Oaks have root systems that grow out about 20’+ from the trunk of the tree. They would’ve most likely been damaged during construction or while they installed the in ground infrastructure, which would’ve probably comprised the integrity of the tree. Over time the tree would be a threat to anything around it. I’m sure they’ll plant many more once this project is completed.

3 Likes

More single family homes for the east side. Oh the urbanity of it all.

2 Likes

We also have to recognize that this, more or less, maxs out the current zoning. It’s zoned 10 units per acre and it’s a 2 and some change acre lot. 26 homes. :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

3 Likes

This.Eff’n.Suuuucks

And, for SFH. GTFOH.
This is how developers end up on the hate list - because idiocy is a symptom of the bottom line.

I think this was the only solution for this lot. Neighbors would have had a fit if it was out to rezone. Better than the garbage that was there.

4 Likes

I was at the zoning meetings before they filed. Devs wanted something like RX-5 and neighbors were open to something like RX-3. Either way, the neighbors generally were fine with 40-60 houses. I actually think nearby neighbors are pretty open to density, from those that attended anyway.

8 Likes

Streets are getting laid out

12 Likes

That’s horrible!
A scene right out of LOTR
 :pleading_face::cry::sob:
Even worse when you’re known as the City of Oaks :deciduous_tree::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Does anyone know what these units will look like? Looks like the only active permits are for the utility / grading work, so I haven’t been able to find any plans.